Hearing aid stopped responding to Icube.IPFG says"system can't communicate with drive

In this middle of programming.
Hearing aid stopped responding to Icube. IPFG says " system can’t communicate with instrument drive".
Hearing aid is off . I thought battery died but replaced it and still not working.
How to fix this ? Is there a way to reset hearing aid?

Phonak Audeo Smart

If you didn’t put a new battery in before you started programming, the aid is probably is stuck in the middle of the programming sequence. Using bluetooth or even with a direct connection, if the battery is weak, the aid sometimes stops working and won’t restart with out being reset. The target software has a reset program, but I’m not sure about IPFG. With my older Phonak aid that uses IPFG, I had to send it back to the manufacturer to get it reset. Maybe one of the Audis on this forum can tell you for sure.

So it should be sent to Phonak Factory to be fixed?

Stream2525.

Is this only one, or both aids?

I use NoahLink, and I don’t get this message, but I have had one telling me the Left / Right has Failed – a heart stopping moment!!

You could try loading a previous client, which may put it back on track. The other thing is if the iCube uses a USB dongle, it converts the USB to a COM port. Check to see if it is still connected as a COM port.

Sending it to Phonak seems a bit OTT! Hope this helps.

I am Reposting this here from another thread in case Stream missed the other threads.

Connect the hearing aids via cables and Hi-Pro. Run iPfg, program the hearing aids and then save the settings in the hearing aids.

Noahlink is never required for iPFG or any fitting software. It’s just database software that is used to keep track of multiple clients and multiple fitting software programs. If you are a self programmer I believe it is simpler to run the fitting software standalone and not use Noahlink.

That post from Forrest charging over $100 to fix this simple busted communications problem is a ripoff.

My audi charged me $95 to send back, which included fixing the battery door and resetting the program and the work came with a 2 year factory guarantee.

I don’t have Hi Pro . This means I have to return it to Phonak Dispenser.

Where did he send it? To Phonak main Office/factory?

For your decision as to what to do, consider that this may not be the last time this happens to you.

You might try asking a local audi what’s the fee for connecting your hearing aids to a Hi-Pro to remove the iCube communication glitch? Some may be hostile. But not all.

If I take it to Phonak dispenser will he be able to do it?
He is not familiar with Icube problems as he doesn’t use it. In my country we only have one Phonak dispenser .

A corrupted bootstrap loader in the aid WILL require a return to Phonak. It does happen. You’ll get away with it once under warranty - but if you make a habit of it …:eek::eek::eek:

investing in self programming doesn’t seen to pay off…

The key is to put in fresh batteries before programing. Never had a problem since I now follow that rule. Also, use the direct connect rather than the wireless. One less thing to go wrong.

investing in self programming doesn’t seen to pay off…

I have a client who has a legal self-programming software licence from a Big Player manufacturer.

He has zapped the bootstrap only once in two years … and the time it did happen was due to something really silly he did. (I think he disturbed the programming cable in the middle of programming)

Anyone with a Hi-Pro and cables can do it.

Don’t listen to all these BS postings about how stupid you are to be self-programming. Those posters are not interested in helping you. Also, they are wrong. It does pay off very well.

after a few tuning sessions how often do you really need to ‘tune’ your aids? well now he’s wasted money on the icube… next he needs to spend more money for a hi-pro and maybe he will get lucky. or send them to Phonak and if they are registered they may or may not be kind enough to bail him out or confiscate them if they aren’t registered in his name.

Shouldn’t that be Stream’s decision how often to tune his/her aids?

Luck has nothing to do with it.

The price of a Hi-Pro can be offset by selling the iCube.

have fun… maybe he could send it to Phonak along with his aids to see if there is a problem with it :slight_smile:

Problem with “MOST” people programming their own aids is they are not audiologists or doctor of Audiology and thus do not know or understand just how little of a change it can take to cause further loss of hearing.

it is kind of like giving a loaded gun, with the safety off, to a 3 year old.
3year old, would have no idea, what kind of damage a loaded gun will do when not handled properly.