Hearing aid photo collection. Post your hearing aid photos here

Thanks for clarify my MARVELous HA collection :smiley:

1 Like

Good for you! Reject the Koolaid! Stay strong, brother.

1 Like

They knew how to make the HA box back in the old days:

1 Like

In the old days, they used screwdriver to adjust HA:

20190308_143831 !

3 Likes

Wow! I don’t recall ever seeing any like that before.

0 Likes

@ richnfamus1 here are what you asked for:

OPN 1 TELECOIL - OPN S RECHARGABLE - OPN 1

OPN1 TELECOIL - OPN 1 - OPN S RECHARGABLE

OPN 1 - OPN S RECHARGABLE - OPN 1 TELECOIL

The battery case must have a special tool to open, the battery is not so healty…

3 Likes

Unitron Moxi All with power domes

1 Like

These photos are great. Thanks for sharing, @sombodynobody02! It looks like the OPN S-R isn’t drastically bigger than original OPN. That’s good, because I found the Marvel M90-R to be too large behind my ear.

0 Likes

OPN S-R are the same size as OPN with telecoil. A bit bigger thant OPN. But her is another:

OPN S-R and M90R

3 Likes

New Oticon Opn S Hearing Aid

This is so helpful to me.Thanks so much, @sombodynobody02 ! There are definitely differences in width and length between OPN S-R and Marvel M90-R. I’ll be trying the OPN S-R as soon as it’s available.

0 Likes

Bernafon Verites had interchangeable panels. The dragons were my favorite but I also had all the basic boring colors as well as red, apple green and blue. Missing is the silver NW totem panels.
Absolutely loved being able to change “the look”.

3 Likes

Those are truly awesome!

0 Likes

This is a beautiful thread, may I contribute? :slight_smile:
Starting with the museum, in addition to the previous photo - my 2011’s Verité:

In my opinion there are two groups of people in the world: one group is hating, the other is loving this exceptional hearing aid design.

(more to come…)

3 Likes

My first hearing aids were made by Zenith and were issued to me by the USAF in 1980. One similar to it but smaller in size is shown in this History of Hearing Aids. They were adjustable with jeweler’s screwdriver.
http://theinstitute.ieee.org/tech-history/technology-history/the-history-of-hearing-aids

2 Likes

Interesting pics and info there Scotty_G. Thank you for posting the link! So, do you know if this hearing aid museum an actual bricks and mortar building?

0 Likes

I don’t believe so postagedew. Info on the organization is here: https://www.ieee.org/about/history-center/index.html

0 Likes

Neat! Too bad the history stops 2011-ish to 2013-ish. Missing the connectivity to smartphone, AI connections, and the OTC revolution(?) about to come. Hope someone is moved to update it more as the years and devices continue to roll by, especially as it is the ieee - are hearing aid OEM’s, especially folks like Starkey aligned with the ieee?

0 Likes

From my understanding Zenith is a truly historic innovator in the Electronics World particularly with radio and television. Their hearing aid history in not as well known. Lots of photographic history in Google. Zenith was bought out or whatever by LG.
To answer your question I have no knowledge of any current manufacturers being members of IIIE.

0 Likes

Oticon ‘intiga’ microRITE. Quite old (from 2011 (?)), but it is still really a beauty and extremely small.
On the other hand it had a poor battery lifetime (designed for a 10size battery).
Visible with removed topcover: both microphone inlets and the programming connector in between.

2 Likes

Recently made a photo of a disassembled Naida UP. This mini screwdriver on the right is definitely not the dedicated tool to remove the 3 hinge pins or to be used as a lever to open the housing.
Without being trained, assembling/disassembling will not be possible without damages or at least scratches.
This is just to give a little bit of an insight. So, don’t do this at home:
:grin:

3 Likes