i am using unitron next 16 cic and is programmed as per my audiogram

(RE) TOTAL SN HG LOSS
(LE) 250-40
500-45
1K- 50
2K- 55
4K-65
8K-60

PLEASE SUGGEST A GOOD HEARING AID AS I AM NOT SATISFIED WITH THE CURRENT ONE.I HEAR LOT OF OTHER SURROUNDING NOISES.SHOULD I USE A HEARING AID OR NOT. I AM VERY CONFUSED.

Sometimes it may take a few adjustments to the hearing aid to get everything just right, plus, it will take your brain a few months to get completely able to process all the new sounds.

What surrounding noises are you hearing? Are you saying there are sounds the hearing aid is making, or the hearing aid is picking up surrounding sounds? Picking up surrounding sounds is good, yes? If there are some other sounds, like the squeal of feedback, those can be adjusted.

Actually, you are wearing a pretty good hearing aid already.

You are an EXCELLENT candidate for a hearing aid and should get a significant amount of benefit from wearing them. It is possible this is not the right hearing aid for you. If you could answer a couple questions:

1. How long have you had them?
  2. How long do you wear them each day?
  3. How many times have you had them adjusted?
  4. Are you having other problems that are causing you to not be satisfied with these particular hearing aids?

When I have patients coming in explaining that they are “hearing a lot of other surrounding noises” I typically will adjust the very low frequency gain slightly and then spend A LOT of time discussing what being a new hearing aid wearer means. You should hear the sounds in the environment because they are there…those of us with normal hearing hear them too we just filter them out. In order for your brain to get back to the point where it also filters them out you have to expose yourself to those sounds and continue to wear the hearing aids as much as possible. As your brain re-learns how to hear it will gradually learn how to disregard those sounds and focus on the sounds you want to hear. But if you don’t wear the HA’s, that will never happen.