Hearing Aid for right ear

Based on my recent hearing test, does anyone feel that wearing an aid in my right ear would be a benefit in any way ?
Thanx

HZ…250…500…750…1000…1500…2000…3000…4000…6000…80 00
RT….55….75……95……110……110……110….110……110….110…. …110
LT….65….85……85…….85……105……110….110……110….110…… 110

My loss isn’t quite as bad but it does border severe. I also have low word recognition in the worst ear. As a result my audiologist (a very good one) suggested I might be best off with a single aid. We tried two. I found that speech seemed fuller with two. I’d suggest you try two and decide on your own what the cost:benefit is for you.

If you look at your test, you will see test results for bone conduction hearing. If that is quite a bit less, a good ENT might suggest a simple surgery that could restore a lot of your hearing. It replace the stapes bone to restore hearing to the levels close to the bone conduction scores shown. (Bone conduction scores are normally shown using [ and <.)

I’m no professional, just a mere hearing aid user myself. What are your word recognition scores? That would likely give a better idea if your right ear will benefit from a hearing aid. And if it would, you could look into some of the super power aids.

Hi Abarsanti,
For some reason the speech recognition scores is not shown on my audiogram.
She did write that speech discrimination was poor in both ears, and that it was all visual.
I thought I remember her saying something about 40% with aids.
Right now I wear Oticon Chili’s SP7.

Hi Ken,
Thanx for replying.
I’m going to look into the. Stapes
Not sure if it’s something I can afford.
I have terrible insurance and doubt it would cover much if anything.

It might be worth it to post an image of your audiogram and black out any personal info. Might help to see if your loss has a conductive component. Is your word discrimination around 40% in each ear? If so then each year can understand speech equally so why would just an aid on the left be recommended?

Laura, there may be state help available. It is worth checking out. Its for person where hearing affect employment.