Hearing Aid and Eyeglasses

I have used Oakley frames with straight temples for years. The only brand with straight temples that doesn’t slip.

2 Likes

LOL! That made me giggle. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes. I don’t know whassup with those new, clunkier eyeglass frames?

I wear Silhouettes with an almost invisible wire frame, so I have no issues putting them on with my slightly large-ish Phonak Lumity Life (NON)waterproof aids.

It’s the dang behind-the-ear face mask that gives me grief. Well, it did all the months I wore it… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

My dad had these back in the '70s. I thought they were WAY cooler than the aid-in-a-shirt-pocket he replaced with these.

1 Like

I have small S-shaped pieces of plastic that came with the little plastic guards I bought to keep the mask away from my lips/nose. The S hooks each of the loops of the mask so they hang on that rather than your ears. A little less likely to fling your aids off.

WH

Funny. I wear silhouettes too

I tore these smile-hiders off as soon as I hit the door going out. I felt horrible complying to this rule.

1 Like

Thanks man. Guess what I have now? Love them.

2 Likes

I guess I am lucky having never had a problem with both glasses and hearing aids. My aids are UK NHS BTE with moulds not domes.
Glasses fitting is important so they stay in place. Soft Silicone nose pads help with this.

Directly OT but I was concerned about loosing my aids or them falling out and being stepped on when masks were a legal requirement when Covid infection rates were high. Once I understood the rules and specifically that shops etc. could not request proof of exemption I simply wore an exemption badge second time around. I was not challanged once.

The only time I wear an ear loop face mask is on the plane when I don’t wear my hearing aids. Ear loops just pull my ears forward and out fall my RIC hearing aids. I use face masks with proper head bands which don’t interfere with my ears and hearing aids.

2 Likes

Hi. Where did you get these? The tech is very outdated, but they are beautiful, functional…

1 Like

I decided to go with the Oticon More over the Philips 9030 because the Oticon More 1 is slightly smaller and lighter.

I wear glasses all waking hours, so my HAs needed to feel light and small. Otherwise, there isn’t enough real estate behind my ears :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi. The one in the photo, aren’t they an older Oticon model- like 2015 or so? Earlier than the Oticon More? Thanks!

Not sure which photo you are referring to, but here’s a closeup comparison between the Philips 9030 and the newest Oticon More 1.

Canada doesn’t use pennies anymore, so the best I could do was a nickle :slight_smile:

Also, the iPhone lens distorts and warps angles. If something doesn’t look lined up, that’s the iPhone doing weird stuff to photos. If I took a picture with my 35mm mirrorless camera, it would be lined up correctly.

You can see the Oticon is slightly smaller than the Philips 9030 in this picture. It is also lighter too, however I haven’t put it on any sensitive scales yet to measure the grams.

Here’s an end-view:

philips_vs_oticon_edge.jpg

EDIT: Also, I just realized the white spots on the Philips 9030 in the first photo. Those aren’t dust spots. I just examined my Philips closer and they are evident on both sides. They look like they might be mics? They look white in the picture because the light is shining back on the camera lens. They look black and glossy in person. I can also see they are evident on the Oticon’s picture too, many of them in the same place.

1 Like

I believe the hearLink 9030 is also available using a size 312 battery. I believe the battery powered ones may be slightly smaller or thinner.

My Rexton based KS8 is definitely thinner than the Resound One 9 I am currently trialing.

1 Like

Interesting. I didn’t know that. Both the Oticon and the 9030 HearLink pictured above are using lithium rechargables. I am receiving a 312 battery operated Oticon More 1 soon, so I’ll report back if that is even smaller than the current one I have.

I wear glasses already, so the slightly smaller and lighter Oticon feels much better behind my ear.

2 Likes

This is the hearing aid I was referring to. What is it?