Have I bricked my Phonak Aid?

More obfuscation is not the solution. Hearing aids are getting bricked. Why?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Solution? That’s not a solution. That’s a workaround. Will future Phonak Target versions fix the problem and not brick hearing aids. Or maybe remove iCubeII as a programming device?

@Zebras
@tenkan
@pvc

let’s have coffee together. !!
:coffee:

1 Like

:coffee: LUWAK is good! Let’s enjoy ourselves in Bali!

I’m not drinking that! :wink:
c3

1 Like

Oh wow,no wonder the coffee tasted so discussing when I was last there :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Luwak is an Asian Civet cat. Due to internal enzymes, the taste of fermented coffee is bitter. We even have Elephant coffee in Thailand. Hope you guys come to Asia for holidays ( extra batteries) - Sun, Sand & Sea…HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 Like

This is exactly what the audiologist of nearly 40 years said.

:+1:

1 Like

Forest for the trees, Detective. Forest for the trees.

1 Like

Yes, you can try using Phonak 7.0.7 (like the airplane). Though, we don’t actually know which combination of (Target fitting software & iCubeII) is best for avoiding the bricking of your hearing aids. We only know which combination (Target 6.2 & iCubeII) was successful in performing a factory reset/A.K.A unbricking the hearing aids.

My relatively new ( 2 yrs on the job) audiologist just Bricked my HA’s while upping the volume- they were working great until powered off - now they wont restart. Assuming this is the typical 8.x/iCube issue - can someone lead me to a 6.2 target … I’m pretty sure she won’t have one handy and would just love to circumvent her learning period by providing her with one as opposed to looking for a more experienced aud.

@Craig_L

I don’t have the appropriate software anymore but trying to factory reset them also worked for me. Obviously doing it one at a time. This can be done via the software.

Thanks - figured it might - just looking for the 6.2 target for her ( in advance) …Just checked with her - she doesn’t have a copy and doesn’t think her org will let her “downgrade” - she’ll ask the other Aud’s in her group but my guess is that won’t bear fruit - so it looks like It’s up to me to fix on my own, She suggested sending them to Phonak - but it;s doubtful phonak will work on them as they are older.

Anyway … still looking for 6.2 - if someone sees this and can provide a copy - much appreciated!

Theres no “typical” issue with this, @Zebras had it happen but we’re not “exactly” sure what the cause was.

What models are you using?but regardless check your PM for the earlier version.

thanks for your help so far…so here is my current story - Im using Hi Pro - with cables and Target 6.2 software - when I try to do a reset - it detects the correct model of hearing aid - however it doesn’t finish the reset - it always goes to “Reset not Sucessful” “Save to hearing aid was interrupted”

Any idea of where to go from here?

Thanks

@Craig_L

I had to try a reset close to 40 times and it eventually worked. Quite annoying having to try so many times but it did work for me.

Do you need HA batteries with HiPro? If you do use batteries then brand new batteries will help.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

@Zebras did you use HiPro or iCube ll to factory reset,you could use iCube ll with USB cable as well, also what version of target, earlier then 6.2? I’m thinking an older version 5. maybe could help.

I used an iCube II. Never owned a HiPro.

I used 6.2.8 Target as that’s what was recommended I use but then I had the Venture Aids.

Depending on what HAs @Craig_L has, he may need an older version of Target.

Ok yes, I was thinking you’d used the iCube ll for the reset, and yes we’d need to know the model he’s using.

Hi Thank you both for your assistance - much , much appreciated! Zebras - you were right on - I dropped backt to 5.0 - and sucessfully reset my H/A’s.

Thanks again to both of you - and kudo’s to all the members of this board - you all are incredibly responsive and helpful!

Craig

2 Likes