Has anyone used the Widex Remote Care?

My HA’s are Widex Moment RIC Rechargeable
Due to Covid I’m really not anxious to visit my Audi for a sound adjustment.
If you have used the Widex Remote Care and connect through the Widex Remote Link device would you kindly share your experience with me:

1. Ease of use.
  2. Are the results as good as having the adjustments made in the office
  3. Would you recommend using it
    Thanks

I used it during my Widex Moment 440 trial. It seemed to work pretty well but there are some limitations such as not being able to do a feedback test (many remote options are like this). It’s a video call. My audi didn’t have a lot of experience with it so it was some trial and error. During COVID this is a game changer to me because I’m able to walk around the house and put myself in different situations while they try different programs. For a number of brands, I have switched WiFi off because I have a mesh network and it was disconnecting as I moved around to different connections. That worked well.

1 Like

I haven’t used Widex Remote Care but have some insight from a Phonak remote care session. On the positive side, it saved me 3 hours of driving and I could stay safe at home. Reprogramming remotely is great too. Unfortunately, it was not possible to stream my audiologist’s voice to my hearing aids during the session. The Phonak tech person said they are still working on it. There were no captions. My audiologist was not well positioned for me to read her lips. For all these reasons, it was really difficult for me to follow the conversation. Let’s just say that there’s still some work to do!

1 Like

When I tried the widex hearing aids I did use this feature. I had to use a device that went around the aids. It was a great feature to have and worked well. Thought strange to have to use the device. It was easy to use. But the hearing aids didn’t work out and had to be turned in for the pair I have now. I wish their remote program feature was as easy. Good luck.

1 Like