Has anyone trialed Signia Pure Charge&Go 7X?

has anyone tried these out or bought them? any info. would be appreciated… also I was looking at their app what exactly does sound balance do? any info. on how good their charge and go system is and how long a charge lasts?

I have the KS8 aids which are essentially the same as the 7Nx aids which are the predecessors of the X series. My understanding is that the main technical difference is that there is a built in motion detector. In the 7Nx the aids communicated with a smart phone to use the motion detector in the phone. I would expect the built in detector could be more reliable and obviously would be an improvement for someone that did not even have a smart phone. The motion detection is one of the 3 D’s in their 3D Classifier. It seems like a good idea, but I would say the benefits are more subtle than earth shaking. Lets just say the world does not end if I shut off my smartphone. They still sound pretty good. Overall I do find that the main Automatic program really does address most situations, so perhaps it works better than I give it credit for.

On the app I have heard they dumbed it down a lot. I don’t know the details though. For the existing app, I mainly use it for changing programs, and changing the microphone focus – a useful feature.

Hope that helps some.

The sound balance is the bass and treble. I’m not happy with the new app. It is extremely slow in connecting to TV streamer/ BT. I can’t change volume with my phone when I open the app. I have to move the volume icon up and down. It is bad. Signia customer ppl even told me that the TV streamer connection needs work. The whole dang app needs work. I’d be interest in any reviews of Charge snd Go too since I have Signia HA Pure 13BT.

1 Like

U13BT is just size 13 nbattery no other difference from other pure

My husband has them, and he’s not coping at all well with them… I keep telling him they need adjustments…sharp sounds, feed back, volume to loud etc. He took a shower with them last night, he doesn’t have a drying box, so I put them in my CI drying box for a few hours… SIGH!

Edit -The battery only lasts about 12 hours. You still need to purchase a drying box as the charger is way to slow in drying the aids if you get caught in a really heavy rain or have any sort of water mishap.

At one point recently my audiologist had me delete the older “myControl” app and install the latest one. I strongly disliked the results, thus returned to myControl for Signia Stylettos Connect. Now I’m a very happy camper once more.

My situation is somewhat unique. Although “Universal” is my main setting, I need “Cafe” daily (no, it isn’t for dropping in at Starbucks or something optional.) I use “Musician Setting” daily, “Live Music” several times a week, “Recorded Music” daily. For videos and some programs on TV, other places I get excellent audio quality using “Cinema and Theater.” I’ve occasionally used “Stroll” and am amazed by how well it actually works in crowded situations where I’m in conversation with just one person and we’re in motion.

BTW, I’m using a Yamaha soundbar and a subwoofer with my TV, not directly connected to TV w/ HA.

My only concern is when the old app becomes obsolete this Spring is that I’ll be handicapped in more situations than not. Theoretically I should be wearing ChargeNGo NX7 and did trial them for a few weeks at same time I trialed the Stylettos. Preferred Stylettos. My audiologist has ordered the newer “X” which was to arrive this week but hasn’t. Really from just what I’ve read I don’t see the advantage in X over NX for me. I’ll report back when I’ve trialed those. Doubt they’d lure me away from Stylettos Connect 7.

However, truth is…I’m not pleased at all with the thought features in myControl app are destined to no longer work at some point in Spring 2020. Still within the time frame for return. I’m considering jumping ship, trialing Oticon. This is turning into a long running experiment. Hearing is so vital in my current setting and life I want to make the smartest choice.

1 Like

Thank you Carolo. I thought the old app was already gone. I’ve been having a terrible time w/ my aids. I’m going to hook into the old app and see if it makes a difference. Those programs that you use, are they set up by your Audi ? Thank you.

If using iPhone, go to App Store, download myControl and all those I mentioned plus several more are already in the app! My audiologist did not change a thing.:grinning:

1 Like

My thought is that the app won’t go (I hope!) obsolete as it will be needed for the older hearing aids. However the older app may not connect to the X version of the aids.

1 Like

I downloaded MyControl. Oh man, it was like going home. It’s a great app - so much better than the new one. I’m confused about your other programs/apps you mentioned. ‘Cafe’ ‘Recorded Music’ etc. How do you find in Apo Store. I do have an iPhone. What name of app. Also, I use Universal program as primary, but your Audi maybe initially set up those other programs for you ?!? Thanks

Normally the Cafe, Cinema & Theater, and Group Conversation get included with the app. See my setup below. Signia names may differ slightly from the Rexton ones, but are the same. The other programs have to be set up by the fitter. There should be a choice of about 10 different programs to choose from in the fitting software.