Hard of hearing jokes? Can we laugh at ourselves :)

Marketing departments usually doesn’t have humour, but R&D engineers are sometimes really funny. This is what I recently heared from a development engineer working in the hearing aid industry:

Q: Why do our new hearing aid models have the longest battery lifetime in the market?

A: Because they are always in the drawer.

5 Likes

Seb, not hearing aid related but reminds me of when I was in the household goods sales. The Dyson vaccuum rep would come in and ask how business was, and I would say, “Customer satisfaction is good, I’m always told how your products really suck!”

3 Likes

2 Likes

TexasBob,
This reminds me of my first hearing aids that actually helped. When I thought I was silent, I wasn’t. In the store, at work, church etc. I started laughing out loud thinking about.

2 Likes

This made me laugh:
https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/5211631-i-suffer-from-chs-cant-hear-shit-i-will-huh-the-cr

5 Likes

We’ve all been there.

5 Likes

P: Doctor, help me, i’m a half-deaf!
D: It’s impossible! One can be deaf or not deaf.
P: Lets check.
D: Ok. Repeat after me. Forty four.
P: Twenty two.

2 Likes

An older lady was getting her physical at her doctor’s office. When he asked if she had any concerns, she mentioned that she had problems with flatulence, but it wasn’t terribly concerning since it didn’t smell and was quiet.

The doctor gave her some pills to take and asked her to come back in two weeks.

Two weeks later, she returned. He asked how the pills were working.

“Well, doctor, I am quite disappointed. I have as much gas as I did before, but now it smells horrible!” she answered.

“Great! I see the medication got your sinuses cleared up, now we need to work on your hearing!”

4 Likes

An elderly couple was sitting in church. The woman turned to her husband and said,”I just passed a silent fart what should I do?” The man said,”the first thing you should do is put new batteries in your hearing aids.”

4 Likes

Ha! You needed a guide, not a ride.

They could have assigned you a less-able guide and saved chair-wear.

Though maybe the helper service does not even try to note the exact help needed, knowing that miscommunication happens. WhatEVER the client’s difficulty is (weak, blind, deaf, stupid), throw them in a chair and push, they will make their plane. Lowest common denominator of handicaps.

My parents booked cross-country, with tight change at O’Hare airport. Apparently that place is bad even for young folks. My dad hears OK with aids but doesn’t walk-far like he used to. Mom secretly booked a chair-ride, not knowing if he would be offended. He was surprised but not displeased. And it was good they did. It was a very long zig-zag cross-airport walk. The pusher knew the route and knew the timing was close. Mom, who still walks well, just about kept up, but was glad she had Dad for a bag-cart. They did it again this year. They tip their pushers generously.

1 Like