Hard of hearing jokes? Can we laugh at ourselves :)

I’ll start…

Jim went to his Audiologist and got the latest, greatest, newest advanced technology hearing aids.

The audiologist set up a follow up appointment for two weeks.

Two weeks later Jim came back and the audiologist asked, “How do you like the new hearing aids?”

Jim responded, “They are fantastic, light years ahead of my last pair. I can hear every word, even in noisy situations!”

The audiologist said, “I’ll bet your family is happy too.”

Jim said, “I haven’t told them yet, but I’ve changed my will 3 times.”

22 Likes

What?!?!

:grin::blush::joy::sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::yum:

2 Likes

I should hope we can share a chuckle in the face of the struggle and frustration. It makes things easier.
I’m glad you posted the humor. Here is one an audiologist told when she was giving a lecture.

Mr. Smith suspects his wife is hard of hearing. He decides to test this. As his wife is chopping vegetables in the kitchen, he stands 10 feet behind her and says softly, “honey, what’s for dinner?” There is no response, so he moves a step closer and asks more loudly, “honey, what’s for dinner?” She keeps chopping vegetables, so he steps even closer, raises his voice and says, “honey, what’s for dinner?” Hearing nothing, he starts to step even closer when she turns around and says, “dear, I said ‘chicken and salad’ three times!”

10 Likes

I will go with my own story. And the title should be

I told them I am hearing impaired. They gave me a wheelchair ride.

I was going to Seoul, Korea from Detroit, Michigan, USA. I was scheduled to fly to Chicago, and transfer to Korean Airline.

When I arrived at Chicago O’Hare airport. I met a young man in uniform at the arriving gate. He had a wheelchair and a name plate with my name. As soon as I identified myself, he took my bag, put me in the wheel chair, and started pushing it.

I screamed him that I walk well, and that I didn’t want the wheel chair ride. He ignored my complaint, and carried me to the gate for the Korean Airline to Seoul.

A few days later, I asked my daughter, who scheduled the trip for me, why she asked for a wheel chair. And she answered.

“Dad, I didn’t ask for a wheelchair. I marked and wrote that you are hearing impaired, and need assistance at the gate because you cannot hear and understand public announcement through the speakers as you told me to do.”

It was the one and the only wheelchair ride of my life besides at the hospitals. I have to say that I actually enjoyed it.

10 Likes

A fella had been married less than four years but he already had 4 children. A friend asked why. He said “It’s because my wife is hard of hearing.”

The friend asked what that has to do with four children in 4 years. He answered: “Every night when we go to bed, I ask do you want to go to sleep or what? And she answers ‘What’”

13 Likes

There was a newly married young and inexperienced deaf couple preparing for bed on their first night. Both of them use sign language but neither could see in the dark.
“I know” signs the new bride, “when you fancy sex, squeeze my right breast twice and when you don’t fancy sex, squeeze my left breast.”
“That’s a good idea” he signed back “and when you fancy sex, pull on my penis once and when you don’t fancy sex, pull on my penis 50 times!” :grin:

12 Likes

“This new hearing aid is great! I never miss a sound. I hear better than someone who doesn’t need a hearing aid!”

“What kind is it?”

“Two thirty.”

15 Likes

Two elderly women were eating breakfast in a restaurant one morning. Ethel noticed something funny about Mabel’s ear and she said ''Mabel, do you know you’ve got a suppository in your left ear? "Mabel answered “I have a suppository in my ear?” She pulled it out and stared at it. Then she said “Ethel, I’m glad you saw this thing… now I think I know where to find my hearing aid…”

16 Likes

Knock, knock.
“Who’s there?”
Knock, knock.

3 Likes

Texas Bob … you have tears running down my cheeks. I can’t stop laughing at your suppository joke

2 Likes

Hearing_Test

6 Likes

“What do we want?”

“HEARING AIDS!”

“When do we want it?”

“HEARING AIDS!”

4 Likes

Will hearing aids help this woman understand better?

4 Likes

Three old men are walking down the street.
One of them stumbles a little and, to cover his clumsiness, says, “Windy today, ain’t it?”
The next guy ponders this assertion and replies, “No, it’s Thursday.”
The third one perks right up and exclaims, “So am I! Let’s stop for a beer.”

15 Likes

That is good.
Thanks

Two years ago, Doctor told me I was going deaf.
I haven’t heard from him since.

How do you stop an argument between a group of deaf people?
Just turn off the lights.

I think my Physics teacher is deaf.
I asked her what the S.I. Unit of Power is and she kept saying “What?”

Blind man walks into a Deaf Pub.
Blind man asks “Is anyone there?”

Why do farts smell?
So deaf people can enjoy them too!

6 Likes

Morris, an 82 year-old man, went to the doctor to get a physical.

A few days later, the doctor saw Morris walking down the street with a gorgeous young woman on his arm.

A couple of days later, the doctor spoke to Morris and said, “You’re really doing great, aren’t you?”

Morris replied, “Just doing what you said, Doc: ‘Get a hot mamma and be cheerful.’”

The doctor said, “I didn’t say that. I said, ‘You’ve got a heart murmur; be careful.’”

9 Likes

Oops, repost! Sorry, folks!

The mafia was looking for a new man to make weekly collections from all the private businesses that they were ‘protecting’. Feeling the heat from the police force, they decided to use a deaf person for this job–if he were to get caught, he wouldn’t be able to communicate to the police what he was doing.

Well, on his first week, the deaf collector picks up over $50,000. He gets greedy, decides to keep the money and stashes it in a safe place. The mafia soon realizes that their collection is late, and sends some of their hoods after the deaf collector.

The hoods find the deaf collector and ask him where the money is. The deaf collector can’t communicate with them, so the mafia drags the guy to an interpreter.

The mafia hood says to the interpreter, “Ask him where da money is.”

The interpreter signs, “Where’s the money?”

The deaf man replies, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

The interpreter tells the hood, “He says he doesn’t know what you’re talking about.”

The hood pulls out a .38 pistol and places it in the ear of the deaf collector. “NOW ask him where da money is.”

The interpreter signs, "Where is the money?”

The deaf man signs, “The $50,000 is in Central Park, hidden in the third tree stump on the left from the West 78th Street gate.”

The hood asks the interpreter, “What did he say?”

The interpreter quickly says, “He says he still doesn’t know what you’re talking about and doesn’t think you have the guts to pull the trigger!”

10 Likes

A man gets new hearing aids fitted; returning to his audiologist several weeks later for a follow-up appointment.

“These new hearing aids work great, however they’re causing me so much physical pain and discomfort!”

The audiologist says “That’s not good - tell me, what are the symptoms?”

“They’re a yellow cartoon family on TV, but I don’t understand how that’s relevant”.

6 Likes