Happy DIY user using Siemens Pure binax 7 bx and Connexx 8.3 with Hi-Pro device

I’ll add that I don’t think it would be just a matter of connecting to the HA’s and then merrily altering the programming in them.
My thinking is that not having the audiogram that the first fitter used to let Connexx calculate the First Fit is problematic.
It seems to me that putting in my own audiogram and then reading from the HA’s somehow makes a different result.

Unless your fitter would provide you with their exported file of your client/sessions from Connexx :slight_smile: . Then you’d have their audiogram. How do you ask your fitter THAT question?!

I would agree that inputting the audiogram would be helpful, but still should be able to detect hearing aids and download the settings. More info is available if you have the audiogram. If he didn’t already give you a copy of the audiogram, asking for it is a very reasonable request.

Oh I successfully detected and downloaded the settings from the audi right off the bat. I’m just not convinced that the audiogram I put in matches the one they would have used to do the programming. I have their rough hand-written audiogram but what did she really put in for all the details around the audiogram is what I wonder.

From what I’ve seen, they input what they put on the paper, often pretty minimal. Costco standardly does a more thorough audiogram (more frequencies, bone conduction and UCL)

Thanks everyone.

My audiogram was done at Costco. I purchased my HA online and brought them to my audiologist for first fit and they used the Costco audiogram to do so.

I had a problem downloading Connexx with the link in this string but found another and was successful. https://shareit.sivantos.com/index.php/s/Cqsd3oLQWMPTgyN/download

Have errands to do today and plan to try programming later today or tomorrow. Thanks again for the info and will let you all know how I make out.

Thanks again to the folks on the original string and also those to who responded to my post. I have been making slight incremental adjustments to my hearing aids and the results are awesome.

I am in the later stages of programing the Pure 13 7NX P using NoahLink Wireless. I started with a pretty good audiogram, but as you can see I have profound loss at HF. I set up a Universal program with and without frequency compression and found a small improvement using the compression. My final testing uses the piano for frequencies up to about 2.5-3.0. I have found it useful to also use very high quality over the ear headphones with the HA’s in place. This helps me get the L-R balance better.

I did find the First Fit with Max Gain measurement got me pretty close and the Fine Tuning Frequency Shaping got rid of the bright spots. Sitting at the piano with a lap top and live wireless connection does wonders for that.

The only thing I can’t do with the wireless is firmware upgrades, but I can get that done and then restore my program. I doubt I would ever get fine tuning done driving back and fourth to the office. I have yet to use the TeleCare, but plan to do so when I can no longer improve the fit.

Have you tried the OVP (own voice processing)? First I was sceptical, but hey, it really works! Also for everyone who wears HA since many years like me.

My Audi made a new Earmold because I want to gain experience with the RIC model Pure NX.

I have always had custom earmolds and this is the first time without venting. Your own voice changes without vents for sure. I read the OVP performs very well with no vents and it did indeed for me turn out that way. So far so good.

Did you use Frequency Compression? Looks like you may not need it. I was marginally better with it.

Do you mean frequency shift? If so, I don’t need it indeed.

I think frequency shift and frequency compression are the same. It is under Fine Tuning in the Connexx 8.4.

What have you done about restaurant noise? Frequency Shaping / MPO and lower the higher frequencies? What frequency and how much lower?

Sorry, my fault. I was confused with the word compression and it’s correct that frequency compression is the same like frequency shift or like in OPN the speech rescue.

So, all of this I don’t need this and I couldn’t tell you more about this tool.

This has never been a problem for me. I just entered the audiogram from the printed copy I got, read the data from the aids, and got busy. I think this has been discussed elsewhere, but you can revert to the original fitting, from the session list.

You are a god of those who do not know that he is. :slight_smile: :wink:

I am pursuing the same thing as you and I want to get adjusted only a Siemens Primax 7 px. I have not started buying yet, but it will not be long.

The connexx 8.3 software is for free use forever, or has an expiration date ?.

Thanks for the information provided in the forum.

Regards

Connexx does not expire. Though new versions get released to support new hardware.

Sometimes when the new hardware is a major platform upgrade, then Connexx may get replaced with an all-new version that supports only the all-new hardware. When/if that happens you can still use the old Connexx for the old/legacy hardware.

yep, no expiration date on Connexx! Good luck

i created a noisy environment profile which works really well in noisy restaurants. you can stilll adjust the level of background noise canceling later.