Good Deal....Batteries

In the Cincinnati, Ohio area anyways. Walgreens is selling 24 packs at $15.99 with a buy one get one free deal. When I went to the store I found 24 packs with an additional 8 free making it a 32 pack for $15.99 (buy one get one free) any size. I have been useing the Walgreen brand now for the past month with good sucess. I bought four 32 packs and got eight 32 packs total in the deal. The expiration date is May 2011 on the pack that expires first up to Dec. 2011 on others.:smiley:

Hi NumbEars

That is indeed a great price for a local retailer. I’ve never seen anything close to that, but you can actually match those prices at localbattery.com, and from the seller 808localbattery on eBay. I just received a shippment of 120 312 size batteries, which includes free shipping, for $29.95 (808localbattery). That comes out to approx 24.4 cents per battery. Date code 2010 or later. Add some tax and yours cost about 25 cents per battery. Of course, you didn’t have to wait a couple of days for yours to arrive. :slight_smile: I don’t have any stake in LocalBattery, I just like the product, service and price. Enjoy!

Dag

Honestly, it has nothing to do with the price per unit. What matters is how good the batteries are. If you get a bargain on the batteries, but they last 25% less in your aids than quality batteries, you may not have saved.

In my office we sell the batteries for 47c per battery (16 batteries for $7.50 and no sales tax). That’s a pretty good deal. We use Starkey batteries which are premium Rayovac batteries with a 24 karat gold plating on the negative terminal for better connectivity.

Your batteries are costing 49c per battery (plus sales tax, I imagine), but without knowing how the quality stacks up to Starkey premium, it is hard to tell if you are getting a good deal or not.

But assuming they are good batteries, sounds like a fairly reasonable price for a regular retailer.

I buy no-name batteries from eBay - seller bidbybid - http://stores.ebay.com/HEARING-AIDS_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

They work out to 23.3 cents a battery, and last just as long as any Duracell, Ray-o-Vac or Energizer battery I’ve used.

My 49 cent batteries (which really only cost me 25 cents each) are lasting as long as the Rayovac’s used previously by me. It tis a good deal.:smiley: :slight_smile: :smiley: :slight_smile:

Hi ZCT

I totally agree that battery life is key. If you pay less for junk, it’s still junk! The ones I bought are iCellTech, made in Korea. The 312 size is rated at 180maH, while most other 312 size batteries seem to be rated around 130maH. The comments I’ve seen in these forums have been uniformly positive. I haven’t tried them yet, but will as soon as my other stash runs out. However, if you live in an area with lots of moisture (summer or winter) you might need something that will stand up to the corrosion (stainless or gold plated). Obviously, those would cost more.

Dag

I have used iCellTech for awhile now and have had excellent luck with them.