GN Resound Danalogic Smart hearing aids

I’m using a pair of Danalogic Ambio Smart hearing aids, here in the UK. These are Bluetooth audio aids that are Made for iPhone. But there’s an irritating issue. I’m well aware that swapping between my iPhone and iPad is achievable by turning off Bluetooth on one device and set it to on on the other. However, even with one device only set to Bluetooth on (usually my recent iPad Pro) often the connection to one aid is lost.
The workaround is to go into Settings > Accessibility > Hearing Devices > [my]Hearing Aids which seems to force them to both connect.
It’s a bit of a pity this isn’t automatic as I have to do this often.
Has anyone else seen this happening? Any suggestions as to a proper fix?
Many thanks for reading.

1 Like

Sometimes my Phonak’s don’t connect but I go into Bluetooth and press the name of my hearing aids.

Think sometimes any Bluetooth device may not automatically connect.

Even my older Phonak ComPilot II doesn’t always connect.

1 Like

My older Rexton-based KS8 aids did not get a firmware update in the iPhone 12 timeframe. Many times, after connecting to a streamer, I will not get iPhone audion until I do the following:
In Settings → Accessibility->Hearing Aids->[select the aids]
Toggle the left & right audio streaming switches.

IMO Rexton has let me down as a user. If I get different MFi HAs I will avoide Rexton & their associated brands if at all possible.

1 Like

It might be what @prodigyplace said about firmware issues.

The Ambio Smart Aids, altho MFi are old technology so unlikely to get future firmware updates to help with problems.

2 Likes