Getting a pressure fullness feeling in left ear periodically

Usually how long after steroids does it take for hearing to return? ENT doesn’t want to see me back for 5 weeks, it’s been almost three and not much better with hearing. Fullness went away after first steroid procedure.

@tim4 So mine begins improving about 2-3 days after I start oral steroids and is usually restored before I even complete the taper. He starts me on 60 mg Pred x 2 days then decrease by 10 mg every 3rd day, so 60x2, 50x2, etc. He prescribes 20 mg tabs (I think :thinking:). My ENT considers these episodes as urgent and wants to know immediately when they happen.

Does your doctor have a way to get distance advice or to consult? My medical group allows me to email my doctor directly which I did recently about a suspected ear infection. He prescribed antibiotic drops which came in the mail. They seem to be helping. You should be able to contact him/her! Good luck.

I’ve been dealing with this for 13 years and was only told a few weeks ago, by the new ENT I’m going to, about the five week window from first signs of hearing loss to get the steroids started.

Can y’all please explain the condition that you have that you get oral steroids for ? Ive not heard of that

Fullness, stopped up feeling in the ears, loss of hearing in the affected ear and roaring tinnitus. I have always had the steroid shots directly to the cochlear.