Funny how you don't see posts regarding Starkey

when fifteen - twenty years ago Starkey was a “Major” selling brand with solid reputation. Class action lawsuits, CEO taken to court and the “fact” Starkey was using using defective/used parts to build/repair HA’s will scare anyone off. My first HA’s were Starkey and they were solid in 1980’s - 1990’s but the company was late to the “Digital Hearing Aid” transformation and then the CEO fiasco. RIP

0 Likes

I had Starkey CICs They were useless in noise even with a comfort setting. Didn’t like the hard molds/shell either. ALTHOUGH, I had a soft mold made for my Shure in ear monitors and they are ten years on and still like new and not discolored.
That stuff they get right!

0 Likes

Back in the 80s President Reagan wore Starkey aids, that gave them a big boost.

0 Likes

What about their Livio AI, also hardly any post about that. How come?

0 Likes

According to this link from another part of this site, Starkey has about 8% of the market, and is the highest priced brand on the market…

0 Likes

Before I wore hearing aids, I always had a mental picture in mind, for reasons I cannot now explain, that somehow “Starkey” was an “old man’s” brand. I had a very negative attitude toward Starkey, which I cannot now explain. The name just gave me a mental picture of big conspicuous hearing aids, in a very artificial so-called “flesh color” with caked-on earwax. When I started wearing hearing aids out of necessity about 10-12 years ago, I don’t even remember hearing or reading about Starkey as an available brand. They may have made excellent hearing aids, but now I will never know.

0 Likes

I have Starkey HAs. I have no problem with them, then again it is my first set of HAs so I have never tried other brands.

Mine are the Livio 2400s (no ai). I do not have a beloved COSTCO near me so I cannot drink the Kool-Aid and get K8s and fall in lockstep with about 75% of all posters to this site.

I guess I am a Rebel and I plan to stay that way.

0 Likes

I met a guy from a church and told me that his brother is partly deaf and works for the state of Florida doing computer work. He just got a pair of Starkey hearimg aids with streamer devices. His insurance provider paid for 8 grand for the starkey aids, streamer, remote and services.
The most powerful Phonak Naida B UP 90 is 5 grand a pair including services. I think his insurance provider was overpaid by 2 grand plus.

0 Likes

I have Starkeys too. Muse, can’t recall the actual model. I’ve tried a few other brands and I like these for the general fidelity they offer. They don’t sound like listening to something through a microphone. They sound pretty natural to me. I also like the 900MHz wireless (also probably soon to go RIP). The range is soooo much better than 2.4GHz.

Next time around I may experiment with Resound or Phonak. Depends on if I can get the programming tools for those or not.

0 Likes