Frozen hearing aids

If Phonak hearing aids are" frozen" due to an iCube failure, will they still work? My wife’s HI still seem to work but I can’t detect them using iPFG.
Thanks for any help.
Ron

Yes they may still work, check your >>original post<<. And next time don’t wear Phonaks at Iditarod, (j/k).

Does anyone know how a H-Pro and cables unfreeze a hearing aid?

Do yourself and us a favor and keep all your questions and answers in your other post. It’s hard to keep things straight with two separate posts on the same subject going.

I’m sorry, I didn’t realize “frozen” and “not able to be detected” were the same thing. Is there a way to delete my other thread? I take it you don’t know the answer to my last post?
Ron

— Updated —

I’m sorry, I didn’t realize “frozen” and “not able to be detected” were the same thing. Is there a way to delete my other thread? I take it you don’t know the answer to my last post?
Ron

If you’ve exhausted all iCube troubleshooting steps, you’ll need to take the hearing aids to a hearing professional and see if they can be detected using HI-PRO or NOAHlink. If not, they need to be sent to Phonak for repair.