Listed on eBay.

0 Likes

Hi, is this aid still for sale? Mike

0 Likes

No it’s not but here’s another one.

0 Likes

Hi Zebras, isn’t Sky just for children? Mike

0 Likes

No, the only difference is the Sky hearing aids come in cooler colours. No other difference.

0 Likes

thank you, that’s good to know. I’m trying to get a Target compatible aid to try to teach myself programming.
NHS are getting more overloaded here in Doncaster and it is increasingly more difficult to have adjustments.
I feel guilty taking time from others so I may go down the ebay route like you.
I see you have some Brios which look like good value if I risk the USA. Are you still satisfied with them?
Mike

0 Likes

That’s one of the reasons why I don’t go the NHS route anymore as they are overloaded with work and so don’t do a good job at programming.

I love my Phonak Brio P-UPs and I was lucky that I got ones that are 2016 serial numbers for £310 in total. I didn’t know they were going to be 2016 serial numbers.

I don’t plan to upgrade my Phonak Brio’s for a very long time.

0 Likes

Did you risk eBay.com
?

0 Likes

Yes that’s where I bought them from.

Here’s the seller I used.

0 Likes

Thank you. I saw those but wondered why he was advertising so many with a low feedback.
Did he do a deal with the import duties ?

0 Likes

I paid £74 for import charges at Parcel Force.

They were packaged very well and they were in a very clean condition.

I bought my Brio’s when his feedback was only at 4.

0 Likes

That’s very helpful thanks. I think I’d better start saving up for a pair. Mike

1 Like

Just in case you aren’t aware, the Brio P-UP are basically the Naida Q90 UP minus the EchoBlock.

0 Likes

Yes thanks, I’ve been reading the posts.
Can I be cheeky and ask your opinion on the following post for which I didn’t get any answers :-

Help with manual programme for specific conditions on Brio.
Hope I’ve done the link properly!
Could this be soundflow operating? It seems to work on a timer, also I’ve noticed it working when using the vacuum cleaner (not often if I can avoid it)
Mike

0 Likes

It’s likely to be UltraZoom that is kicking in. UltraZoom is part of the Speech in Noise program.

0 Likes

Thanks zebras, clinic this afternoon so will see what they say.m
Mike

0 Likes

How did your appointment go?

0 Likes

Hi Zebras, sorry for the delay.
At last I’ve seen the boss who is very positive! She want’s me to go as many times as need be without any form of guilt.
Reverted to a previous setting which was good apart from the engine noise business I described.
Selected one manual programme and trying soundrecover changes. That’s not working but it’s a first try.
Given an appointment for one month - only to see her in future!
Wouldn’t give me the pin to self programme but can’t argue with what she is prepared to do.
Came away with tubes and filters and a much more satisfied feeling.
All this despite the clinic being given more customers recently without any extra resources.

As an aside do you know if Secsavers Phonak are locked? I’ve put a post on the site.
Mike

0 Likes

Sounds like you’ve got a good audiologist.

For me, I found I heard better without SoundRecover activated.

0 Likes