FM Assistive Device for Wireless Hearing Aids

With Widex, ReSound and Starkey having hearing aids with integrated wireless capability right in the hearing aid, i was wondering if there are any plans for FM Assistive listening devices that take full advantage of this.

In other words…All you need is an FM transmitter and no need for a body worn receiver.

By FM, im thinking of something equivalent to the Bellman Domino Classic or Pro, or Phonak Smart/Zoomlink (without the need for the ICOM), Oticon Amigo etc

Anyone know?

Phonak has serveral models of BTE aids with an fm receiver built in. Then you need to purchase the fm transmitter. Personally, I’ve been disappointed with Phonak fm system even they are considered the best. They’re pretty good if you are in a quiet room but in a restaurant they pick up everything. Even the new dynamic link is noisy. They work the best in classroom situations and with children. I like the sound quality of the t-coil and hearing loop the best!

Which ones? I haven’t seen any truly built in since the Claro/Supero series, though have seen the design-integrated sort such as the ML9i, ML11i, etc. Is that what you meant?

FM Smart/ZoomLink if you have wireless receiver
called
Phonak MLxS
$979.95
or
Phonak MicroMLxS
$1,029.95

take a look on picture of Phonak MLxS or MicroMLxS
http://www.yourhearing.net/fmsystems.htm

your hearing aid must have boot / receiver MLxS or microMLxS to work with
[FM Smart/ZoomLink or Oticon Amigo ]

http://www.centrumsound.com/images/fig8.jpg

talk with your audiology he/she will happy tell you more information :slight_smile:

Hi Guys

No, I’m afraid i havent fully been understood.

Ok…Lets try again.

Resound Alera has 5.2ghz Bluetooth Receiver integrated right in the hearing aid

Starkey Wi Series has Iris Technology which includes 900Mhz FM receiver right in the hearing aid.

In otherwords…because the receiver is right in the ear…

an intermediary device equivalent to the oticon streamer, phonak icom or Widex RC-Dex can be bypassed.

So im wondering if ReSound or Starkey plan to have a communication or amplification device that take advantage of this in the sense they have a trasnmitter that communicates directly to the hearing aid…without an intermediary receiver…

There is an FM device that doesn’t require a body worn receiver. It is the Audio Fox.
It’s a wireless speaker system that has small speakers attached to straps that drape over the back of a chair, with the receiver hanging behind the chair.

Hope this help, all the best!

Relisted!

Hey I’m selling a Comfort Audio FM neckloop system on Ebay for very cheap compared to the RRP. I don’t need it. Its similar to a pocket talker and probably better quality…
If you need any questions answering, just ask, Im an audiologist. Search ebay for:

Comfort Contego FM loop system(Hearing Aid alternative)

Cheers
Anyad.x

Relisted!

Hey I’m selling a Comfort Audio FM neckloop system on Ebay for very cheap compared to the RRP. I don’t need it. Its similar to a pocket talker and probably better quality…
If you need any questions answering, just ask, Im an audiologist. Search ebay for:

Comfort Contego FM loop system(Hearing Aid alternative)

Cheers
Anyad.x