- Thank you folks! Have spent much time reading your posts, and truly appreciate your willingness to share knowledge, experience, advice, and expertise.
- Purchased a used Widex Flash FL-9
- Awesome to be able to hear the birds again. Life Sparkles! I’m happy.
- The HA works well for me, as is. I will get a hearing test and have it programmed by the local ha repairman. (an hour drive)
- I would like to look at the Compass software before having my aids reprogrammed … save time - increase my options - possibly better first fit …
- This will be fee for service. (Admit that I was tempted by the whole trial “free” system that we have in the West… just tend to open source, while understanding the pitfalls.)
- Read the self programming threads many interesting points. May spend the time to do it some day. Much to learn before then.
- The CE and audiology learning sites are great! Now my head is full of acronyms, and look I just used one. (This is almost as bad as my time in service.)
???Widex blocked their info unless one has a billable account.
Would like to look at the Compass V4 software???
open to PM
Thanks again, Richard
PS - I build.things. A partner and I were moving 4x8’ sheets that had blown over. He carefully stood up the sheet from one end, and we both looked under. When I got to the other end and grabbed the sheet, he started yelling “STEP BACK! STEPBACK!!!”. I looked at him wondering what was up and then he glanced my feet.
I very slowly moved back while looking the diamond back that was coiled up rattling a foot from me. He heard it rattling. I never did. It used to a 3 footer and now is in 6 inch pieces … lots of adrenalin!
<b>Now you know "</b><b>the </b><b>rest of the story".