First time hearing aid user

I just bought a pair of Bernafon Chronos 9 nanos. My first set of Hearing Aids ever and was wondering if anyone has had trouble with them? Tuesday is the big day but I noticed with the test pair that voices sounded farther away. Is that normal? Or just part of the adjustment? I’m probably jumping the gun asking but I wasn’t sure.

I ordered the same hearing aids, also my first set; my appointment to pick them up is March 5th. I walked around Costco with them and didn’t notice voices sounding further away, I actually heard my husband say something from behind me!

Please, post how you like them when you get them; I have seen several people respond favorably to the ReSound Futures, not much about the Bernafon; my audi recommended them over the Futures saying the bluetooth capabilities are better. I need help with tv reception, it would be nice to be able to follow the dialog in a show with background music, LOL.

danemom

Hz 250 500 1k 2k 4k 8k
Left 40 30 25 50 65 65
Right 40 30 25 55 75 70

This is definitely not normal. Your perception of sound is essential for success.

If voices sound like they are far away, you may not have enough volume. Our brains understand distance and direction by the intencity of sounds around us. Try adding more volume to the mix and see what happens. Always trust your instincts, they are usually right.

I am loving them! I got the bluetooth soundgate along with it and that has made the phone and music listening great. The only thing so far that really is taking some adjustment is watching tv with background noise, such as the fan. I also need to make an adjustment to some of the high frequency sounds, i think. Paper and plastic bags are sharp sounding, so is the seat belt metal. ehh!

Otherwise, I’m liking them. Music sounds awesome!

I agree 100% with HearingAidHelper… have your Audiologist or H.I.S. adjust the gains.