First Hearing Aids Siemens 7mi vs Resound Linx vs wides dream 440

Hi All,

This has been a very useful forum and people are very helpful.
For quite few days I was looking for a comparison between Siemens 7mi, Widex dream 440 and Resound linx 9.
But could not find any comparison.
Joined forum today to post this thread.

I have mild to severe loss in both ears at high frequencies.

Which of these is better in terms of daily comfortable use and sound quality.

regards
Amit

I am sure they are all good, given that they are top of the line with the best technology providers. I was in a similar situation recently and settled on the Widex Dream fusion 440 open fit RIC.

The Resound Linx 9 was not available when I made my choice, but I decided not to wait for it.

I also have Tinitus and so the Zen program on the Widex (which I love) was a factor. I also, like the approach to signal processing Widex has taken, expecially in expanding the dynamic range that can be handled on the input side of the A/D conversion. The sound quality for me has been exceptional and I wanted an Aid that would operate best while listening to Music as well as voice enhancement. The Widex 440 are very smart in suppressing random background noise allowing voice or important sound to gain emphasis.

The Resound Linx also seems to be on a new chip platform and I was also interested in the iPhone integration. Given, I did not have a chance to try them and I like my Widex, I have no buyers remorse.

I am sure that all of those will do a good job for you, try the one which appeals to you most and good luck.

John

Thanks a lot for the response.
yes, this is helpful. But I am taking excuse to ask lot more questions.

So, one thing is clear as per your input that as per your trials widex is better as compared to micon.
Only thing attracting me towards linx is the iphone integration and no use of any other device.
How much problem is it to carry an extra device?
How is the quality of wireless connectivity of your HA with phone and TV. Does it break.
Do you need any other device other than remote.
Does it have directional functionality.

regards
amit

[quote=amit91178;107639
Only thing attracting me towards linx is the iphone integration and no use of any other device.
How much problem is it to carry an extra device?
How is the quality of wireless connectivity of your HA with phone and TV. Does it break.
Do you need any other device other than remote.

[/quote]

There is no problem at all carrying another device. I wear the Resound Phone Clip+ on a lanyard, around my neck, under my shirt. I never know it is there. It also acts as a remote and I press the buttons through my shirt. Sometimes I pull it out, on the outside of my shirt if I’m going to make several calls.

To me, it is more important to find a good professional that you like and trust, and go with their recommendation for you. An expert in a particular brand and model can get better results than someone who is not as experienced or knowledgeable.