Fine tuning the myPhonak app settings

I’m somewhat new to Phonak/My Phonak app. In any case I’ve been wearing Phonak Naida Paradise Up aids and been pretty satisfied with overall performance. But like others who struggle with profound hearing loss, getting app software programmed just right is always a challenge.

I’ve found speech focus (when increased) shows some improvement in word recognition. Not a huge leap, but a slight improvement. I have no idea how far I should increase speech focus but thought 3/4 the way up was probably my limit. Due to some setting I was in (maybe not speech focus) I did notice a huge jump in loud sharp incoming sounds from wife doing dishes, to cutting food on chopping block, to general work in kitchen area. I was probably 40’ away in family room when I said to myself - “I think I cranked things up too much”.

Then we have treble versus base at in the old day when I use to listen to radio more often I moved up tremble and pushed bass down slightly. I’m currently doing that with my Paradise Up aids but not sure if I notice any hearing improvement.

Lastly in the “Dynamic” section of software there’s decrease loud and increase soft. Well I pretty much lost soft voice communication many, many years ago so I wonder if I should increase the soft slider? Actually I think I might of done this exact remote change and that might of caused the increase kitchen noises I mentioned earlier.

So just wonder if there are any Phonak Paradise users out there and if they’ve found success adjusting Speech focus, bass vs treble or playing with Dynamic setting. I know this all factors into each person’s individual hearing loss but wonder if some adjustments should be very slight - since the Paradise UP aid is so powerful and might distort or over adjust if remote setting are turned too far up or down.

Another important question is if I find the right settings (with adjustments) can those setting saved in a custom program be transferred or set into my basic auto mode, which always comes on first.

Being a near future Phonak user and having read up on the devices, I understand that the Android app does not yet allow you to save custom settings, but they are (and have been) working on it. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

You cannot save settings back into the HAs through MyPhonak 4. MyPhonak 5 is supposed to be able to do this. However Its spring launch date has gone and still no sign of MyPhonak 5.

1 Like

Thanks, Keith, for confirming this. You helped me avoid unrealistic expectations. Otherwise I understand the Phonak Paradise is a great aid.

Don’t you have an audiologist. With a profound loss and low speech comprehension I would think I would always question the adjustments I make by using the app

1 Like