Filtering High Frequency Amplification

JOHN, what kind of aids do you have?

First, I bought a pair of Phonak Audeo V90s and put power receivers on them. The settings Target prescribed based on my audiogram were way too loud. I lowered them a fair amount. I bought this particular model because of the frequency lowering technology they have. It seemed to help some, but with the combination of lots of high frequency gain and my recruitment, I had to stop wearing them. Then, I bought a pair of Audeo B50s, again off eBay. These came with the normal power receivers. I wanted to see if the supposedly improved Sound Recover 2 technology was any better. Using the results of Target’s own audiogram, they aren’t as annoying as the others, but I can’t tell that Sound Recover 2, even turned up all the way, actually helps much. I think one of my biggest problems is that I have had this severe high frequency loss for so long, I have gotten used to how the world sounds. My only real complaint is understanding speech. Now that I have retired, I am not in the company of others nearly as much and I don’t have as many embarrassing situations as I used to. At my age, I don’t have a problem with telling people I am hard of hearing.

Doesn’t sound like things have improved though. May need to treat your sound tolerance first.