Failed Naida Paradise 90 UP Microphone

You don’t have them on your Aids. They are only in the ear hooks of BTE Aids. You have RIC Aids.

3 Likes

Thanks so much! I have a lot to learn. @Zebras I truly appreciate your answer!

For the longest time I thought that any hearing aid behind the ear was a BTE aid. Mine’s right back there trying to find space with my glasses temples and straps for KN95 masks…

Dave
Toronto

@DaveL Audeo is a BTE, but with receiver in the canal RIC, not like Naida which is a BTE in a true sense.

https://medium.com/@hearingtreatment/types-of-hearing-aids-ensure-excellent-solutions-for-better-lifestyle-113fbe5a5325

2 Likes

We shouldn’t confuse the situation, here on the forum there’s BTE and RIC, this is the modern era of describing the difference between the two.

2 Likes

Baltazard that really helps! Thank you. Here in Ontario Canada I lead a sheltered life. My last audiologist provided old tech hearing aids that were unsafe for me–working at heights in construction using my cell phone. They restricted the usable hearing aids to 3 manufacturers and a single model for each maker.

So I changed audiologists. He worked magic. He advocated for me getting me new hearing aids 3 years before I was allowed. He spoke and got the latest high tech hearing aids replacing my old Phonak B70’s. He was successful. I got Phonak Audeo Paradise P90R’s for no cost. That’s incredible. Now we’re setting them up. I’ve been a while///late August to now, early May 2022.

@tenkan I’ve been here a while trying to learn about my hearing aids. I have moderate to severe hearing loss due to exposure to noise. I’m lucky to have the hearing aids I have. Now my challenge is to learn more about them, so I can communicate better with my wonderful audiologist so I can have him make changes that help me hear better.

My loss is sufficient that I MUST use them for personal safety working at heights on construction sites, and even walking on streets like mine where we have no sidewalks. I can’t hear cars behind me. Nor can I hear children on bicycles or scooters.

If you use a convention here that’s fine. After over 20 years using hearing aids, I didn’t know that I had receivers in the canal HA’s. I had only been told that I had Phonak Paradise P90R’s. I didn’t know that they had 2 models…Audeo and whatever the other one is…

Surely it’s about communication.

I want to find the best information I can; insufficient information and knowledge is perilous for me.

I’m very happy Baltazar provided the information he did.

2 Likes

Sure that’s what it’s all about, the thing is to try and keep things simple and everything on the same page, so when you describe your HAs as BTE we all think your talking about a different type of HA then the ones your using, so sometimes this can cause misinformation.
So it’s all good, you now know there’s a difference.

Well you definitely came to the right place, just about anything you want to know can be found here on the forum, just use the search button from right here on hearingtracker to help find answers your after.

https://forum.hearingtracker.com/search?q=Phonak%20Audeo%20P90

Actually it’s not to bad at all, up to 4000Hz it’s moderate and then up to severe in those higher frequencies, pretty easy fit with those Audeo P90’s you now have I’m sure.

Cheers

2 Likes

It hasn’t been.

I get lots of “help” from SWMBO. She says they’re not set up right. I’ve made real gains. However, I need to do more work.

Ihave a claim for hearing loss due to exposure to noise in construction. I’m so grateful. However, that process is slowed.

I’ve said before. I need a book, P90R hearing aids for dummies…

Makes me sad.

1 Like

Yeah @DaveL, as in all things in life, it’s a learning curve…. I do not profess to know half or even a quarter of what I should know, but I am curious enough to want to learn, some of it sticks in my memory, other memories disappear quicker than snow off a dyke on a warm spring day, basically the info goes in one ear, and straight out the other :rofl: :upside_down_face: :joy: I was never academically minded, dyslexia perhaps curtailed that? I am more of a practical hands on person, I try to solve things logically, if I can? This forum is an excellent way/place to learn, if you are stuck or struggling with any hearing issues, someone will come along and point you in the correct direction or solve your issue immediately, we are among like minded souls whom know the problems, they have indeed walked in our shoes…… Did a lot of construction work over the years, and even back then, I was always over protective of my ears, I would refuse point blank, to do a job if they didn’t supply ear defenders! Twas a complete bummer that I caught a viral flu, and went severe/profoundly deaf overnight some 30 odd years ago…… Made me a better person though, more empathetic towards my fellow human beings, especially those whom have suffered the same fate…… Cheers Kev :wink:

2 Likes

What this meant, is the P90s will easily cover your loss and more, and with the right help you’ll get them where you want them.

Don’t be sad, believe me you’ll get there, time for DIY, your audiologist hasn’t been able to help, get yourself the Noahlink wireless and a copy of target, lots of things you can try, sometimes just something as simple as changing the algorithm been used, domes, molds with the correct vent, etc

Read the manual for target software here.

https://tinyurl.com/5epvr7kf

The Noahlink wireless is easily got from eBay.

2 Likes

Just make sure it is the noahlink wireless. The plain noahlink would be useless.

WH

2 Likes

Thanks for your comment. I tried to protect my hearing too…I appreciate your empathy!

Dave

1 Like

@tenkan Thanks that’s very helpful.

Dave

1 Like

@WhiteHat
Thanks…noahlink wireless!

Dave

1 Like

Hi, Dave,

I used to work In Manufacturing, and now I teach Engineering and woodwork, still a lot of loud noise at the time.

How I deal with extremely loud environments and jobs with HA’s. I got my Audi to add a ‘Custom Program’ that has a 20dB reduction in overall volume, that I can switch to when in those environments. But I made sure it’s not on the auto selection list, I manually select this program.

I have this program as the first press in my program cycle. I can’t wear normal hearing protection, they don’t fit over my big UP HA’s, and cause a huge amount of feedback whistle. So my HA’s are my hearing protection, when in this program mode.

Disclaimer: It works for me and OHS people I deal with, it may not for you or for you OHS Laws.

3 Likes

@BrBarry Thanks for your suggestion. I couldn’t wear hearing protection either. I’m lucky that I’m free to move on the construction sites I visit. So I’ll talk to my audiologist about that.

I’m doing better than when I started. For a while I was using the Music program as my 1st designated program. Then I had the auto program designated second. I’ve “cooked” the automatic program and that enhanced program is the one I use most. So–next visit I’ll have him take the auto enhanced program and make it the turn-on program. Then I’ll talk to him about your suggestion. Along the way I became concerned that the music program was a poor choice as my first program. I think that the features that make the Phonak Audeo Paradise P90R’s special are not used at all in the music program. I hope that they are available in the enhanced auto program I’m using.

I’m so confused! :frowning:

1 Like

No need to be confused, honestly it’s super easy, if you open up Phonak target you can set everything up in demo mode, no need to have your HAs connected, this way you “see” exactly what target is doing, what is turned on and what’s not, and at what level, then when you go to see your audiologist you know what to ask for.

2 Likes

Read it! Thanks so much!
DAveL

1 Like

@BrBarry I Worked in manufacturing and its Power House for 15 years. Early on we had no thought of hearing protection.
3M Canada in London Ontario.

Last 18 years I’ve managed construction of new schools for my employer.

I envy you your work teaching Engineering & Woodwork. I taught engineering two summers in a community college and loved it.

Separately I worked a part time ski instructor for 35 years. 5 nights, and one weekend day. I love teaching!

Thanks for your note. Really helps.

3 Likes

Target sounds essential.
I really wish I knew more about setting them up myself. Yet there’s huge resistance at home. Supposed to work and I’m supposed to keep things simple. The comments I get, they don’t work yet.

1 Like