Experiencing feedback with my Oticon Opn hearing aids

This is the one am using

1 Like

OK, I have some great news, with the help of this post and my research my audi was in touch with her rep and seemed to fix the problem. The right ear [good ear] was taken from a p100 speaker to a 90 speaker as well as the tip being a double vent rubber tip. After adjustment it seems to be working well. My left ear stayed the same with P100 and a power dome tip. She also gave me control to turn left or right up or down as needed. This is a great help. The feed back manager was turned off on both sides. Good for now with the need to adjust left and right sides to be even when using the volume control on the HA.

See the difference in the volumes left and right but they both say 1.

1 Like

I had the same and show this to my Audi . She didn’t know about it.
Also, if you are an iPhone user, you check the hearing aid in control centre and you will find that both have different levels !
Yesterday I had an appointment with my Audi for some adjustments and we changed the right receiver to 100db because oticon thought the 85db maybe over-amplifying the low frequencies.
Guess what, now both are the same level !

1 Like

For landline use, have your Audi turn on Autophone. With the miniRite, the aid magnetically senses the phone speaker and lowers the non-phone ear by either 3 or 6db which can really help in a noisy environment.

I have been using oticon aids since 2004. I can’t remember the model of the first pair, second was Vigo and now opn s. I have always been impressed with oticon technology. I can vividly remember the joy of hearing birdsong again with my first pair. They have gotten better with each change. I have had issues with that warbling chatter others have mentioned. It was very annoying and I kept procrastinating about visiting the Audi to get the problem addressed. After a few weeks it just disappeared on its own. Blue tooth connectivity can be a challenge at times, but life with aids sure is a lot more interesting.

That seems to happen to a number of people wearing the OPNS aids I have a pair as my backups and haven’t had the warbling, but not do get feedback. But I believe my feedback is due to my ear molds not fitting correctly. I now wear the More1 aids, no feedback unless I unseat one of my ear molds.