EBay?

I will report back in a week.

Thanks, now I am feeling good about the purchase. I would like to get whatever I need to self program them. Is the AirLink anything more than a glorified BlueTooth dongle that works off the USB port or does it have some embedded code words to access it?

While I dont think I will need to program them, having the capability would be a good backup. I watched the Audiologist save the current settings and then make changes to the 761s so I know I can always go back if I have the proper software. Also I think the seller who is in Canada would be willing to reprogram them, maybe for a fee, if I wanted to send them back. The $6000 saved would pay a bunch of reprogramming fees…LOL

Also the seller gives a 90 day return policy so I know they will be initially working. Generally speaking, digital circuitry, if once working, will work as well on day 1000 as it worked on day 1 unless mistreated in some way or is a Chinese copy with inferior components…

I will report before Christmas. This is my wife’s Christmas to me.

You cannot communicate with hearing aids using a USB BlueTooth dongle. Read the link I posted early in this thread (or in my signature line) about what you need to self program.

You should post this type of declaration in the DIY forum so as not to rile the good folks who are trying to be helpful over here for non DIY ppl.

It’s okay if you stick with just the initial programming. Give your brain time to adjust to the hearing aids. Your own voice may initially sound funny. You could have other fitting problems (dome style, size) (receiver length).

If you decide to self program these then let us know when you have completed the first step of self programming.

Hi, the airlink is a glorified tweaked bluetooth dongle but the aids will not programme using a conventional bluetooth (trust me i have researched and tried both at home and with the Audi in CostCo). Both using their locked down software and the genuine Resound Aventa. If anyone can crack the bluetooth and not need Airlink they will save over $300 (£420 here in the UK after import duties and taxis). So far i have only made it work with the genuine Airlink and Aventa software.

That said i have been self programming since my original Audi (who was very inexperienced with Resound) could not get it right. Every time we needed to tweak he called Resound. So i thought well I can do that.

Do the research, do the tutorials on the website, understand whats involved, and go play have a ball.
Note :- Always back up the aids to a separate profile BEFORE making any changes.

The only thing i use my original Audi / company of purchase for now, is supplying me with cheap batteries and free receivers.

Regards Ian

what the