Earhook or tubing issue?

Is someone here able to help tell if my issues are because the earhook is too large or the tubing is cut too short? If I cut the tubing shorter the aid flops forward and if I keep it longer then the aid flops sideways.
I may just switch out my hooks for the size 00 slim tubes since they lay basically perfectly on my ear without causing pain or floppy issues

My first thought is the aid is a little too far forward, not much.
The ear hook looks good.
The tube needs to be a touch longer.

The glasses frame is pretty big. It is holding the aid up a little high and out. You have small ears too.

I have used slimtubes. They are nice if they work with your hearing loss and aids.

This is just me thinking out loud.
I bet more members will share their thoughts soon.

It feels like the angle of the hook makes the mold go forward

If the tube was a touch longer. Then turn the mold on the tube a little to push the aid back on your ear.

I tried with a longer tube but it still looks like this and doesn’t feel as secure, this is also what it looks like with the slimtube, I was able to find one of the hooks that came with my aids(the blue one)

@Raudrive

The slimtubes looks good.
Do you hear as well with it as the bigger tubes and molds? Swapping acoustics will need hearing aid programming to correct this change.

Very similar, I mostly use the molds And large tubes for the retention since my ear canals/ears are very small, I had to get the size 00 slimtubes special ordered because phonak typically only offers the size 0,1,2,3 but the size 0 receivers on my RICs were too long and would be slightly uncomfortable @Raudrive

1 Like

Just from the pictures and your description the slimtubes sure sound like the best fit. They are also more comfortable with those glasses I would think.
If you decide to go that direction you need to program the aids for slimtubes.

Thanks for your help! I do know I am able to put the slimtubes on my molds if I choose too but I’m assuming with will also be a different programming, I’ll have to talk with my aud

1 Like

I think domes should work with your hearing loss if the slimtubes will work in your lower frequencies.
I could take a look at Target and verify???
Which aids do you have?
Good luck with this.

Sit the hearing aid on your ear disconnected from tubing and see where the end of the ear hook sits.

That’ll tell you if it’s the ear hook or tubing.

If ear hook and tubing are really far apart from on your ear when disconnected, it’ll tell you it’s the tubing that is too short.

2 Likes

The tubing overlaps the hook when I try that

It’ll be you need the junior ear hooks then.

They should have come with your HAs.

This is from Phonak on hearing aid placement.