Eargo trial

I saw a link to this from an online news site today. It intrigued me cuz the size of the earpiece attached to the silicone dome (is that called the receiver?) seemed pretty big. Like maybe it could work for my cinderblock ears?

What I wouldn’t want is to be NAGGED non-stop, spam-mailed, texted and basically pestered the rest of my life just for trying these out. There have been posts on Eargos here, but not a trial like this one advertises. Just curious…

I bought my Eargos through Amazon. After two mishaps with Eargo in the past this has gone smooth. I created an account on Eargo.com. I downloaded the app. Through the app contact number I contacted Eargo to set up an appointment with one of the fitters by phone. This will be tomorrow, but I am already using them. I have conventional behind the ear aids but masking, glasses and hearing aids on the ear gets to be a bit much. I went with the Eargo Hi fi as I tried a demo and they fit in my air canal nicely. Sound so far is decent. Go directly to Eargo.com to check models and pricing or Amazon.com and search Eargo.

1 Like

Intriguing! I surfed up to Amazon and checked out the specs on the Eargo6. It claims to be water resistant for 30 min to a depth of less than a meter.

Not that I’d ever risk swimming in a chlorinated pool with these on, but something worn IN the ear would be very useful for the hair salon as I return (for the 2nd time in 2 yrs!). I have some “ear sox” to cover my Phonak Marvels, but even the most careful of stylists will manage to get a slap of hair dye right on those sox - so I’m glad I have the actual aids covered. But if I could get something that goes IN the ear, I wouldn’t have to worry about getting hair dye on it. I’d need to hear just enough to communicate with the stylist for the hair app’t.

Can anyone more knowledgeable than me look at the audiogram of my cinderblock ears and comment as to whether a pair of Eargos would even WORK for me? I’d only pop them in at the salon and not drive a car or walk anywhere else.

I tried the Eargos for a few weeks. I like the concept, but they just didn’t work for my hearing loss. Not enough power, even though I sent them my audiogram prior to ordering & was told they would work fine.

Okaaaaay. That’s good input, cuz your hearing is LOTS better than mine. I recall - with my same abysmal hearing - some young audi telling me he could fit me with Lyrics about 6 yrs ago. This was just after I was recovering from a bad case of otitis. I had to seriously question that logic with the tiny aid being jammed way into my red, irritated ear canal. Discreet looks is one thing, but my own ears’ health and hearing POWER I require are far more important.

1 Like