Ear ache from wearing hearing aids

I am a new user of hearing aids and I am trialling the Widex Dream Passion 440’s BTE ( I know they are the older technology but I got them for half price). The sound of those hearing aids are wonderful. I previously trialled the Unitron Moxi Kiss North Platform but did not like the metallic sound they produced. The problem I am having with the Widex is they cause me ear ache. I have tried the domes and am now wearing the custom ear mold. The sound is still great but I still get ear ache after wearing them a couple of hours. I also get a whistling feedback in the left ear. Has anyone else ever had a problem with ear ache after wearing their hearing aids? I do not have a issue with ear wax or ear infections.

Audio io gram is as follows:

right     Left

250 30 15
500 40 25
1000 55 35
1500 55 45
2000 45 50
3000 60 55
4000 55 55
6000 50 60
8000 50 70

Right WRS. 96% at 80 db
Left WRS 96% at 80 db

Right SRT 50 90%
Left SRT 40 100%

Often molds have to be sent back and remade.

is the ache right in the ear canal? - if so could require a remake of the mould. I have also found that if you’ve never had BTE style before, the wire over the top of the ear can sometimes cause some issues, particularly if you have glasses resting over them. so Aud could perhaps try lengthening the wire to see if this helps at all, or if you wear glasses put them on first and then the aids after?

Yes the the ear ache is in the ear canal. I do wear glasses and I do put the aids on so that they are on top of the ear piece of the glasses. Of course the glasses always move so I am constantly fixing the aids to make sure the glasses aren’t resting on them. I have an appointment this week with the Audi and was going to ask to try the CIC’s but will ask to have a new impression done to see if that helps with the ear ache. Thanks for the info.

— Updated —

Yes the the ear ache is in the ear canal. I do wear glasses and I do put the aids on so that they are on top of the ear piece of the glasses. Of course the glasses always move so I am constantly fixing the aids to make sure the glasses aren’t resting on them. I have an appointment this week with the Audi and was going to ask to try the CIC’s but will ask to have a new impression done to see if that helps with the ear ache. Thanks for the info.

— Updated —