Domes or try custom molds

Hi Guys, many thanks for the info. The open dome that I have fitted is very small as that is the only size I could find but this is uncomfortable so shall ask my audiologist to fit a larger one before re-adjusting the h/aids. With the small dome in my good ear I have lost the tunnel effect when I speak but I have gained very high notes with a hissing sound when pronouncing an “S”. It sounds as though there is far too much treble and virtually no bass. No doubt that will be part of the re-adjustment.

Hi Guys,
I am adjusting to my new h/aids but need to purchase some wax guards. My audiologist sold me a pack of 8 which were quite expensive at about $13.00. I have looked on amazon at JBWhite and Cerustop which are reasonably priced. The ones from my Audiologist look identical to the oticon guards but without a makers name. Can anyone please reco a guard or are they basically all the same, just different cost. I assume most are universal fit. My aids are Bernafon Viron 3. thanks

Welcome to the hearing aid industry.
You have come to a great place to learn about hearing aids and your hearing loss.
We all come away with different opinions about our hearing loss. How we deal with it is very personal.

To answer your question, prices vary significantly for the same product. It’s up to you.

Check the online store here on hearing tracker

Hi Raudrive, thanks for the advice and the welcome although I have been a member of this forum for quite some time.

Hi cvkemp. I have checked the store but prices are considerably more than amazon, ebay and several other outlets.

I have to be honest, I am a Veteran and I get my aids and everything else that i need for my hearing needs from the Veterans Administration. My hearing loss is due to my military service. But I can tell you this a good number of hearing loss patients get their supplies as part of the cost of their hearing aids. And as you are finding out everything for hearing aids are expensive. It is really a shame and to me highway robbery. I am retired and on a fixed income, there isn’t any way I could afford the out of pocket cost.

2 Likes

I get everything supplied for the first 4 years apart from wax guards. Batteries, domes, receivers, and equipment failure are all covered.

1 Like

Yes it has before I moved to Arkansas been about every 4 years, I have been here in Central Arkansas for 3.5 years and when I get my More1 aids this Friday that will be 3 set of aids in that amount of time. I can’t explain it. Yes I am classified as disabled for my hearing loss, but t doesn’t really explain it. And was really struggling to understand speech when I got to Arkansas, and my Audiologist is and has been working his butt off to improve my speech understanding.

2 Likes