Does Phonak Naida P90-UP have a t-coil?

Hi the Nadia paradise up does have T coil as an option but i don’t know if you have to get your audiologist to active it or if it something you can do yourself but there are people on here who will be able to help you out more with that side of things

You need your audiologist to activate Telecoil.

1 Like

Thanks. Figured it would have to be done by Audi. Can this be done remotely by the Audi does anyone know?

In terms of streaming music from iPhone - it seems to lower the volume other sounds. My Oticon I can play music and have a conversation so I am able to hear the other person almost as good as if the music was not streaming.

Is there a way to balance the the streaming volume versus the regular sounds from other sources? Currently music steaming is the dominant sound.

Can’t see why not, this is what remote support is supposed to be all about, but a simple phone call to your clinic will clear it up.

Yes you can, microphone can be adjusted from 0dB to - 10dB.

Ok Thanks all who have answered my queries so far.

I have had my Naida Paradise for two days now so still figuring out things.

Some things I can’t figure out:
They disconnect from my computer Bluetooth and don’t seem to automatically reconnect. I say they don’t seem to as it did auto connect on at least one occasion. So I have to turn off my aid and turn it back on for it to reconnect to BT on computer. Is this expected behaviour or am I doing something wrong?

When I get notifications on my iPhone it temporarily disconnects the BT or if in automatic, then the it drowns the sound a bit. I do want the alert to play for a new mail or text or sports update etc. Is there a solution to this or is it just how it is i.e. have the sounds but accept the disruption. The sounds are actually coming through quite loud also, so I’m not sure where I can adjust this if at all?

Is there a way of finding out what devices the aids are paired with or anyway of knowing or setting priority? If I am streaming music from my iPhone and I go into the room which has the Roger On connected to the TV it will automatically stop the music streaming and connect to the Roger ON. Not a major issue as I can just press play to continue the music but just wondering if there was a way of setting connection priority?

Going into the App I get the message - “Connecting - this may take some time”. They got that one right for sure … it takes forever!!! From other threads I read this is hopefully going to be rectified in an update to version 5 of the app. Have I got that right and if there is any release date for this update?

There was a big update the other day but V5.0 has been postponed for, we don’t know how long. V5.0 was meant to be out already.

Funny. When I told my Audi I was thinking about activating the t coil on my naida paradise up he said why. This is in the United States

The version of the App I have is 4.0.4 - I’m guessing that is the latest version?

1 Like

Well the reason I want the t-coil is for use with a Roger Pen. I have two Roger Pens and there may be occasion where I need to use this with a neckloop.

The direct Bluetooth connection is working well so far and negates the need for a t-coil neckloop situation. However, it is no bad thing to have a back up option!!

Why would they not activate the t-coil option on the HA? I don’t know why it is not set up as default - as I don’t know what the disadvantages of having the option there? Am I missing something on this?

Yes!

:slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

Well in my situation I haven’t used a t coil in years

I use telecoil all the time. Got a neck loop to use in case I can’t connect in other ways to various devices.

Just watched the Dr Cliff video. I have not had the previous version so 4.0.4 is my first usage of the app.

One thing I could not find in the app is the battery level display. In the video it seems it is on the remote control page and is showing two battery’s at 86% each. Not showing on mine and don’t see an option to show battery level. Do you know where this option is?

Using a t -coil may become a thing of the past but we are not there yet I don’t think. Certainly it is a back up option so I’m not sure why the t-coil would not be enabled as a matter of course. I don’t see the disadvantage of doing so.

I have to go back to my audi to get it enabled in the software. He should be able to do it remotely but he is going to look at a bit more fine tuning while I am there.

Well probably because of my hearing because I struggle hearing with a t coil and do better when a call dreams directly to my aids. And do better with cc at movie theaters than t coil because of my speech comprehension. So the comment was probably meant more for me then a general thing. Also the t coil never took off in this country like it had in Europe

There’s been some discussion about this issue on the forum, it’s a known issue, the easiest way to fix it was getting the TV Connecter and plugging that into your laptop.

I wouldn’t think this should happen, but if the disconnection is only for a few seconds I wouldn’t worry about it.

If the disconnection is longer then a few seconds I wouldn’t accept that, there’s quite a few settings on your iPhone for Bluetooth and notifications.
I don’t use iPhone, but if you use the search button from right here on hearingtracker, you’ll see quite a few posts on iPhone set ups.

Is this ambient sounds you mean, if so, that would be the microphone attenuated for streaming, so could be set up like that by your audiologist.

This could be an iPhone thing, I do believe there’s a volume control for notifications in phone settings, you could try that.

Have you checked, maybe you could do this in the Phonak App?

The update has apparently fixed most of the issues, but for you if you can’t connect full stop then there’s something wrong, if you’re updated to the latest version and still can’t connect to the App, then you’ll need to reach out to Phonak support or your audiologist.

Edit: I just noticed in the list of compatible models, the Paradise Naida are not listed? Only the Marvel Naida is listed.
Hopefully that’s just a typo.

@hass5744 - gotcha. What is CC?
I understand not using t-coil esp if its not common place in the USA - what I am not clear about is why it is not set on the aids as an available option. Really I am asking if there is some disadvantage to doing so that I am not aware of.

Hearing aids only allow so many programs. My Aids allow 4 x programs but the list of available programs is always a lot more. That could be why.

1 Like

No I have empty program slots I’m not using. And cc means closed caption. Sorry

@tenkan - thanks for the detailed answers bro …

Ok - so a TV connector to the computer will auto reconnect whenever I go into the office with the computer? I’m guessing the TV connector connects with a usb?

In terms of the disconnections with notifications - you are correct and I think I explained it badly.

It’s not really a disconnection, its a dip in the streaming sound making way for the notification sound. However, its an issue if I’m listening to something verbal which will lose a sentence or so.

In terms of the what devices are paired and setting priorities - I have looked in the app but I can’t find anything.
The 4.0.4 release has not fixed the slow connection for sure. However, it maybe your list of compatible is not a typo - there seems to be a display to show the battery level on the remote control window, as in Dr Cliff video, however the battery charge does not show on mine - which maybe some incompatibility with the Naida Paradise - however that would be a surprise if that was an omission.