In 2011 I bought 2 Reveal K-9 Mini Rite digital hearing aids. In the previous 40 years I’ve always worn 1 analog aid since I couldn’t afford 2. I am also legally blind. My experience with this brand is listed below:
The aids are small using small batteries size 312. They only last 7 days compared to my old analogs using size 13 that lasted 14 days. If i drop these small batteries i’m in troulbe trying to find them on the floor.
There is a microphone that goes inside your ears. Since my hearing is so mild I have to have molds so the microphones have to have ring plugs to protect them from wax. They need to be changed on a monthly basis which I find annoying.
Noises that are high pitched from your microwave, washer/dryer buzzer, bird clock… will trigger these aids and give a loud whining noise that will drive me nuts.
My question is: do digital hearing aids make you get inner ear infection or imbalance? After I wore these aids for 4 months I was standing and spun around and fell to the floor & ended up in the hospital. After so many tests the specialist claims i had an inner ear infection not vertigo. When i don’t wear these aids i’m fine. When i wear them I notice I get dizzy on/off from time to time. Is there a study on this?