There’s no mercury in today’s batteries, but there is zinc, which apparently is a problem according to Google. I know we all look at our batteries about once a week, see that they’re about the size of a couple of M&Ms, so we toss them. But add up all the millions of hearing aid wearers and perhaps this is something we should consider.
I would take them back to my HIS, but somehow I suspect he would say “thank you,” then dump them in the trash himself!
Maybe you could store them up in a little box, and drop them off at Home Depot or Lowe’s when you’re out and about.
What do you do with all of your other batteries? D, C, AA, AAA, etc?
Quite frankly, ALL of my batteries go in the trash. But I do feel a little twinge of guilt each time I do that.rolleyes: