Direct streaming to HAs with Roku

I have a Roku 3 box. Is it possible to stream TV content directly to my Oticon Opn 1 HAs using the Roku app on my iPhone 6? I can use headphones connected to the Roku physical remote but I would prefer direct streaming from my phone to my HAs like I can get with phone calls. Maybe I need a later version of the Roku box. Any ideas how I could achieve this? Thanks.

0 Likes

Are you able to connect to audio from your phone like music or bluetooth cause then you could.

0 Likes

Where does the sound come from? If the sound comes from an app on the phone then yes. If the sound comes from the Roku box I don’t think there is a way to relay that to the hearing aids.

0 Likes

Nadia and Don, thanks for helping me to think about this situation. Normally the sound comes from the built-in TV speakers and/or a Zvox sound bar I use. Or there is a headphone-out jack on the physical Roku remote.
I also have a Roku app on my iPhone that allows me to control the Roku box from the iPhone using an iPhone screen display that looks like a remote.
Neither the TV, the sound bar, the Roku box nor the Roku physical remote have Bluetooth capability.
Don, I see what you mean. The audio output never reaches the iPhone although I can control the Roku box using the Roku app on the iPhone. I think the short answer is I need different, or at least updated physical components.

0 Likes

If you use the Roku remote on the iPhone and push the headphones button it will stream to your aids.

0 Likes

Thank you mechanicjesus. I don’t see a headphones button on the iPhone Roku app. When I connect with my Roku 3 box the Roku app automatically loads a virtual remote for the Roku 3. It actually says “Roku 3” on the virtual remote.
I’m thinking that maybe the Roku 3 box doesn’t support streaming to HAs but later Roku boxes do. What model/ version of Roku box are you using? I would be happy to upgrade my Roku box if I could get a model that would stream to my HAs.

0 Likes

i think mine is a 4.

0 Likes