Digital vs. Analog

I think I know the basic difference but was reading that some digital hearing aids are actually analog or something like that and that the only true digital hearing aids are DSP (Digital Signal Processor)

Are Phonak Certenas digital hearing aids?

I have heard that some people do prefer the analog to digital. Why is this?

When I was younger, I had analog hearing aids and right now I am wearing analog aids (sound like it) as a loaner pair. I can see why some people might like the analog aids as they do make things louder but of course some thing are too loud (like when my parrots squeak).

Just curious.

Oh, oops, I just looked up the aids and they are digital. They are Siemens Artis 2 SP

Those HAs are very powerful compared to your normal aids :slight_smile:

I much prefer digitalis myself, my ear drums don’t vibrate and noises don’t hurt at all with digitals even tho I have more gain with my digital.

Yeah they are pretty powerful but thankfully have a volume wheel. I am wondering if my others should have more power since these, I am hearing stuff I have never heard before LOL! Of course I don’t think these have noise reduction like my others do so of course I am noticing quiet background noises. The only thing that really sounds annoying is when my birds squeak LOL. The sound is just too much for the hearing aids and it sounds bad.