Difference betwen Phonak Smart IX Core and Spice platform?

I am interesed in difference betwen that two?

What Phonak made better, or worse?

The chip does twice as much: 200 million FlOps.

The new one is the first system to offer true binaural processing and transmission of sound. Stereo-beamforming is now possible.

On release, I thought it was the usual marketing guff - through fitting them I have come to the conclusion it isn’t.

NB: They cannot easily be fitted by people who have not been trained in the software, it’s not that intuitive (based on the experiences on this board) - with some notable exceptions.

In-built software elements must be used - you need to run the feedback manager with every fitting and the right acoustic set-up. You need to understand what soundrecover does and why it may/may not be suitable for your hearing. You need to experiment with the user experience levels and get a good base level of clarity before establishing programs. If you run the ‘back to target’ setting it doesn’t automatically wipe the changes you have added. CROS tuning is an art as you cannot make changes on the fly, you must set, test, set, test, etc…

Overall, if you have them fitted by somebody who has fitted a load of them, you will be laughing, if the person hasn’t, ask them to pull the Phonak rep in for the fitting.

Unfortunately not. I will be first one and also no phonak rep in my country… so…
That is bad news. Good news is i will try to get icube and target and then try to fine tune it myself. i like to fiddling.

Cros beam is cool… but its not used in auto, isn’t it?

Is sound flow better is spice?

Ok, i was fitted with S Smart IX and it was disaster.

I was on core and power dome. Since i can not stand occlusion they tryed open dome. Why i don’t know, but even i know there wont be enough gain.,…
Not loud enough, so i asked for closed torpedo domes, but they dont have them. They had only tulip and also long one (so combined with power its too long… i had to shorten tube on them) and leave me on open dome setting…
i went outside and nothing is good… low bas sound everywhere and also fixed directionality.
I went back and complained and they chose closed domes and was little better, and real ear like target recommended (i suppose target icon mean default recommended). But we forget new FB management after that.

But sound is still disaster. No clarity or loud enough in very loud environment and low brawl everywhere… Like i have sound recover over all frequencies… Nothing is crisp and clear…

SO my question are:

1. Are closed dome same as tulip dome… Or no tulip dome for power receiver?
  2. Are default setting usually good enough? Like Chose instrument, acoustic parameters, fb manager and done? I don’t like them to first setting and they mess with directionality on blind when they never touched Target before…

Who know what they messed…

I wish i could download Target from somewhere just to know what to do.

Also i will try to get icube ASAP… When i financially recover. i see there are no chance in my country to do it right. No Rem anywhere, and only 1 phonak audi…

On side note - ceramic black look really high tech and feel good… but they are quite heavy…