Dehumidifiers — Which do you recommend?

Hello everyone I am the original poster asking about dehumidifiers for hearing aids. I have one called serene and I do not like how hot the bottom of the container feels for my 10±year-old Starkey RIC — These have the absolute best music program for playing acoustic piano and I have yet to find a replacement for them.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions of different models of dehumidifiers!

Does anyone know of a dehumidifier that nlows or circulates room temperature air like a small fan within the drying chamber, …using no heat—-?

Yep med flow makes an air circulation dryer. It is called dry cap uv and uv 2. They are available on Amazon or eBay. I use the dry cap uv 2. It uses room air to dry. It also uses uv to help clean the hearing aids. It works great. Hope this helps you out.

1 Like

It also uses room temperature air to dry.

1 Like

Be careful which Dry-Cap UV you buy. The only one I found on Amazon is the smaller Dry-Cap UV (4.1"L x 4.1"W x 3.6"H). My Starkey rechargeable custom HA case won’t fit/open in it. I’m still looking for the larger Dry-Cap UV2 (4.7"L-W-H). The Amazon description doesn’t include measurements but the physical appearance of both dryers is different. Check out the attached Flow-Med catalog.
Flow-Med Catalog.pdf (3.0 MB)

And a You-Tube video:

1 Like

I just checked the uv2 is on EBay it is available new. It also has a warranty that you can buy as well.
Now that you mentioned it I do remember Amazon only sells uv 1. You are 100% correct that it is too small. EBay sells uv2 it also has a two year warranty option. The Uv 2 is 120 mm by 120 mm by 120 mm. Assuming Starkey didn’t change the specs on the charger from when I got the hearing aids and dryer the UV2 will serve you well. It will be big enough for the charger to be open while it drys. Otherwise the air can not get to the hearing aids. If I was you I order it from EBAY. Unfortunately I can’t tell from the video what one you where showing as I cannot see it and it does not give words. So I only hear the song. Thank you for your response and I hope this helps you out and you find as truly useful as I do to dry my hearing aids.

1 Like

Thank you for this availability notice–I just ordered it. I never thought to check EBay, so thanks again!

2 Likes

Your welcome have a great day.

1 Like

Solid product… But you need to change. the brick every 2 months. Kind of a neusance.

A follow-up on ordering the Flow-Med Dry-Cap UV2 from eBay–it didn’t go well. I ordered it on 8/24 with an estimated delivery 9/1-9/3. Well, it didn’t arrive so I asked the seller for updated delivery info on 9/5. Instead, I got a review request, so I slammed him on the delivery. Anyway, he got PO’d and said he had to cancel my order.

Today, I found a different place to get this item Warner Tech Care Products, https://www.warnertechcare.com/, part number 121422.

I forgot the price (I thought I had it written down) but it’s around $97-$98 with $4 USPS shipping.
Supposedly Amazon received a shipment of these dryers from this company but they don’t show up on the Amazon site–yet. They also have a downloadable catalog of other medical-type products.

So, if anyone is looking for this dryer model, this is a different, more reliable source.

I’ve used a Dry & Store Zephyr for years with no issue. The replacement of the desiccant blocks every two months was an added cost.

I went to perfect dry lux . I purchased the dry lux at Costco for around $40 if I remember right.

One of the reasons for the purchase of the dry lux is size. When traveling the dry and store size plus size of cord and wall adapter. The dry lux is small and uses a usb wall adapter. I have a multi port USB adapter I use for travel so I just plug into it. (Note the multi port usb is nice for travel. All your devices are together not scattered around the room to get outlets. Less chance forgetting something when traveling.)

I’ve been using a perfect dry lux.
it gets them warm, and I’ll admit to having similar concerns about that.
…as well as just trusting my $6k aids in a sub $100 device

regardless, it seems to control fairly well as far as I’ve seen
although I’m no convinced that it pulls any significant moisture out of the innards since these are sealed up pretty tight…there’s just no way for a lot of volume of vapor transfer to happen. I think what it does do is to help dry off the receivers and the battery compartment, that might get quite wet when I forget and leave them in doing yard work and such…and I recon it dries out bits of wax as others have said for easier removal.

I’m not so sure about the little low power “uv” lights being very effective either.

I was about to write that if you could not find on ebay my friend just ordered it from that store. It is a sham as it went well when I bought the one I have. In any case they do have that in stock they ordered and shipped today.

The only concern I would have is that rechargeable hearing aids are not recommended to use heat to dehydrate their hearing aids as it could damage them.

I’m looking for a new dehumidifier as well, the only need I have is that is cant make a noise such as a beep when turning it on or changing cycles etc.

Sounds really strange, I know… but our dog gets anxious when she hears beeping, she’s fine if its on TV, but if its a device etc., she starts panting, pacing etc. She is getting old, so not much can really be done about it.

I recently tried the Phonak D-Dry+, which beeped and vibrated every time it was turned on or the cycle changed, ended up returning it.

So if anyone has any recommendations on one that just does its job when switching on and off, changing cycles etc.?

Flow med UV2. Is nice it uses forced air to dry. It has a mode that doesn’t beep.

Hey guys, I’ve been offered Flow Med Dry Cap UV (not sure if its 1 or 2) for 60$. That’s pretty good deal, I think. So, my question is, what are differences with 1 and 2 and if 1 can fit ReSound Quattros with charger? Thanks.

The UV2 is larger than the UV. Visually, it has a budge on top compared to the UV. Check the picture here: Dry box for all rechargeable hearing aids: dry-cap uv 2®
And, you can check the dimensions of both here:
flow-med products: Perfect cleansing and care for hearing aids

1 Like

The problem with uv1 is it is too small for some types of charging stations. In the case of Starkey it is too small. The UV 2 is the bigger one based on the charger case. Thank you for your feedback.

1 Like

I know–I have a UV2 on the way…

We’re talking about hearing aid dehumidifiers…