Define - new iPhone app

@cjb4 if you look further up in this thread you will see a screen shot of the Define app you’re looking for.

The Iphone technology is very considerate of those with hearing disabilities. They have the ability to provide transcripts for phone messaged, and for virtual transcription. Apple is currently testing their own version of the App you mentioned. Its available in a Beta version under Settings, Accessibility, and Live Captions. Haven’t tried it out yet, but anyone with the ability to upgrade to V. 17.7 can access it on their iphone. Would be great when I’m in a crowded situation and shouldn’t/can’t use the speaker. Best, GG

The Iphone technology is very considerate of those with hearing disabilities. They have the ability to provide transcripts for phone messages, and for virtual transcription. Apple is currently testing their own version of the App you mentioned. Its available in a Beta version under Settings, Accessibility, and Live Captions. Haven’t tried it out yet, but anyone with the ability to upgrade to V. 17.7 can access it on their iphone. Would be great when I’m in a crowded situation and shouldn’t/can’t use the speaker. Best, GG

2 Likes

Different regional app stores

Just a thought, if you cannot see an app, it may not be released in your locale.

I run a team that develops mobile apps for a major motor vehicle manufacturer.

When we release apps, your have to decide which (Apple) app stores you are release through. As an example, with the main app we produce, we release through a range of European stores (language variants) but you will not be able to see or download it on the US Apple AppStore.