Default volume on the Oticon TV Adapter 3.0

Does anyone know what the “default” volume setting is for TV box? Here’s the issue: I had audiologist turn down default volume because it was too loud (don’t ask me why Oticon doesn’t let users turn down the default volume themselves… ) … I know I can adjust it via the app (or iphone settings, but just easier to have to go to default that is comfortable for me… SO, hearing aids (OPN S1 rechargable) were updated to 8.0 firmware this week … when I got home, the TV box volume seemed too loud again… audiologist said the firmware update shouldn’t have affected it … in the OPN app, it is showing 16 as TV volume… here’s the question: is 16 the “default” volume setting? I’m pretty sure that before the firmware update, the TV volume was at 14 but can’t be sure since I didn’t really pay attention … if someone can confirm that default is 16, I will feel better going back to audiologist to have her lower it… Thanks

My aids default to 14 I prefer 12 or 13. I will be asking my Audi your question on the 6th of January when I have my hearing test.

1 Like

My OPN S 1 aids with Firmware 8 default to level 16 with my TV Adapter 3. My TV Adapter 3 was updated to Firmware 2.1.1 on 1 August 2019. I don’t know if there is a more recent firmware for either the aids or the TV adapter. I’m using the TOSlink connection for the TV adapter. During my last visit for adjustments, the volume for the adapter was turned down in Genie II but it is still too loud for me so I use the ON app to turn down the volume as soon as the hearing aids connect to the adapter.

I find it odd that the programs installed in the hearing aids default to level 0 and the TV adapter defaults to level 16. I have 3 programs (normal, wind noise reduction increased for when I’m riding a bicycle, and music) in my hearing aids.

If I remember correctly, before the iOS 13 updates and with older firmware in the aids and TV adapter and the older ON app, the default volume for the TV adapter was at a reasonable level and the default was 0 rather than 16. But maybe I’m not remembering correctly …

Thanks… I think I also have the connect 3.0 … I will have to visit the audiologist for her to set the default down to 14 … she keeps telling me it didn’t change but it’s definitely louder than it was before 8.0 firmware update to the HAs… not sure what firmware TV adapter has

2 Likes

Oh it does change most of the time when I connect mine is at 14 but there are times I have connected and it has been any where from 12 to 16. But normally that is when I have had it connected earlier in the day and reconnected.

Interesting…don’t think I’ve ever had that happen - always connects at 16 and I have to manually turn it down to 14 (on iphone settings the default shows 84% and when I turn it to 14 in the app, iphone setting shows 74% )

And just like that today when I connected to the TV box volume was at 12. But then later it went back up to 16. Weird.

I understand mine will do the same at times, it seems to have something to do with the ON app and the iPhone MFI control panel, being out of sync with each other. And every since the IOS13 and the ON app version 2 it has been do this every now and then.

Thanks… I did notice that the iphone setting showed 63% when the ON app was showing 12 … normally iphone setting shows 84 ; ON app 16 … Guess I’ll give it a few more days, but will probably still ask audiologist to turn it down a notch … she said she might be able to do this via the “remote care” Oticon app , which I downloaded but have yet to use… guess she can do some things via that app which is handy to avoid a trip …

Hi all. I noticed that Oticon TV adapter box default volume changed after I had firmware 8.0 put on OPN S1(rechargeable). My audiologist says it shouldn’t have changed and still shows at lower volume on her computer. But it’s definitely louder now (level 16 in OPN app and 84% in iPhone settings). It was 74% in iPhone settings before 8.0 firmware. So there’s been iOS updates and firmware update and OPN app update going on recently. Someone told me it’s iOS issue that should get resolved with next update (not sure when that will be). Someone else said it was related to OPN app. Anyone have any ideas? My audiologist said I can come in and she’ll lower it for me even though she says (and Oticon told her) that firmware should NOT have affected TV volume. Thanks for any ideas.

I have the OPN1 ITE hearing aids and my TV connect has always defaulted to 16 and I lower it to 14 manually. My Audi as said that it is set to 13 in the computer when he looks at my hearing aid settings. I know that it did not change from when I was using the IOS12.x.x to IOS13.x.x or even with the ON app updates.

Thanks… Probably shouldn’t have started a new topic for this as I know I did one before… very strange but guess with all the various devices, settings, updates,etc things get out of sync… It did work fine for me prior to 8.0 firmware …I just don’t want to go to audiologist and have her lower it and then it will be too low … like you, my audiologist says it still showing lower volume in her computer …guess I’ll email her and ask her to talk to Oticon to see if they have any ideas …

TVA3 hasn’t got volume buttons. :frowning: Every TV has different sound level from optical output and no one can change it by the TV remote control. TVA3 is a dumb gadget.
The volume must set to the lowerest by the audi.

1 Like

Did anyone figured out this problem, mine default at 14 and always have to turn it down to zero. Only issue is when I switch it back to P1 and then back to the TV it’s at 14 again. Anyway I can save the previous setting.

It’s annoying for sure… here’s a temporary fix … assuming you have the “equalizer” icon that shows up when you’re in TV streaming program (see picture - I circled equalizer icon) …click on the equalizer which should be green - and then adjust it - I put mine all the way down to -12 … even though TV program still shows default (for me it shows 16) - the sound is lower … sometimes I lower TV program more and although it always goes back to 16 - the equalizer settings seem to stay at -12 most of the time … hope this makes sense? Here are two pictures:

Not sure why I don’t have the equalizer option, I did check the firmware on my TV adapter and it is updated. I just thought maybe it’s because I have the opn1 and the equalizer is only available with the Oticon S1. The other thing I need to check is the iPhone percentage setting, can’t seem to find it on my iPhone.

Not sure… equalizer might only be with S1 but I don’t know… is your opn1 firmware up-to-date? Again, not sure what version is latest for opn1 … iphone percentage setting - for me (iphone X) I swipe down from upper right corner and it brings up the control center (I think that’s what it’s called) … then I click on the “ear” icon (picture of an ear) and it brings up % I think you’re looking for …

For me, I have the equalizer with my OPN S 1 with firmware 8 but do not with my backup OPN 1 with firmware 6.1. One note - for an iPhone the iOS level must be 13 or higher (I tried it on an ancient iPhone 6 with 12.5 which is the latest for it and it would not load).

Try a triple click of the home button if on an iPhone with one - that should bring up the MFi menu. On a newer phone without a home button, a triple click on the right side button should do that.

1 Like

I have the OPN 1 and the latest ON app and I don’t get the equalizer either. I also assume that it’s only available starting on the OPN S going forward.

I have the TV Adapter 3 and Oticon Ruby hearing aids. The volume setting at 16 is way too loud for me as well. Actually I have to lower it sometimes to 6 to make it comfortable.

The TV Adapter sound is set to “Low” in Genie 2. I can’t find if you can change the default 16 to something else in Genie 2?