Crackling sound with ReSound LiNX Quattro and iPhone X

My opinion - for 6 grand you need to find different hearing aids AND a different Audiologist if that’s the best she can offer you. You can do much better. I hope you are in your trial period.
I wear Oticon OPN 1 aids (and have streamed from older aids as well).
Direct Streaming from a TV Adapter or iPhone is fantastic if your aids are fine tuned properly, including settings for the TV streamer and iPhone. There should be no crackling or pops. The ability to mute the mics to silence outside sound while steaming calls, or steaming is especially helpful-no need to push the volume up to overcome room noise.
Please don’t settle.

1 Like

I have used the Quattro extensively. The crackling is not normal. Get appropriate receivers. This is what happens when the receiver is inadequate. Is it in both ears??

I had the OPN1…Streaming from them was nowhere near as good as from the Resound…in my experience. Resound has the best streaming sound quality followed very closely by Phonak.

I share your frustration on the earbud vs hearing aid sound quality issue. I believe there to be multiple things going on here…
1 - HA manufacturers concentrate on speech rather than the entire frequency spectrum. I honestly believe this to be a mistake. I believe that to get the best human hearing…we should get as close to normal hearing as possible across the entire spectrum.
2 - HA Manufacturers have to worry about liability if you damage your ears with their products… Shure, Skullcandy, Bose, Beats etc. do not have this worry.
3 - Earbuds are made to be seen…even as a status symbol. Half the dang planet is walking around with crap hanging out their ears and its cool…yet people remain embarrassed to have hearing aids…this is STUPID. So HA manufacturers are obsessed with miniaturization…whereas that effort could be going to give us really awesome hardware.
With your loss…I suspect your ‘high frequencies’ are really more midtones. How much venting do you have? Too big of a vent leads to crappy streaming sound.

1 Like

Thank you very much Mango and efigalaxie. I’m just seeing your replies now. Tomorrow is my last chance to turn these hearing aids in.

I feel like they only amplify the sound and aren’t really making me hear sounds I’ve lost if that makes sense. I’m thinking a cheap set of hearing aids can do this. I don’t know if I mentioned but the audiologist did do some type of adjustments. Really hasn’t helped. She thinks it’s because of the high frequency hearing loss I have that is casing the clicking cracking sound when watching tv. She said that the streaming problems are the nature of the beast which I think is ridiculous for $7000.00

When watching tv the clicking does seem to be in both ears. When I turn down the treble it does help and when I turn on the programs to focus on voice the clicking gets worse. It’s worse in my right ear and I’ve switched the receivers around and it seems to still be bad in the right ear so maybe it is my hearing for the clicking when watching tv. The streaming is the units for sure! When I’m using the tinnitus program, it cuts in and out when I’m waking around with my phone in my hand.

It’s so hard for me to determine if I should keep them. And I feel if I don’t have anything Definitive in the positive I should return them.

As I’m sitting here now, the tv Has more of a bright sound and is louder when I have the HA’s in, but I feel I may be able to get that same effect from a less expensive set?

The audiologist said that with my hearing loss, these are the only ones with the technology that can help with the high frequency loss?

I do remember going to Costco years ago and the audiologist there said they couldn’t recommend any hearing aids for the loss I have.

Thanks again everyone!!!

If you are unhappy with the aids, return them.
Start a new trial or find another audiologist. You really need to be happy with your investment in hearing aids.

1 Like

Absolutely, for the money…you deserve as close to complete satisfaction as possible