COSTCO's Phonak Brio interference

I got a Phonak Brio HAs at Costco a few months back. They worked great but every now and then, usually when I was in a room with other people, I heard a silent (but noticeable) beep in the right HA. It would beep only once every couple of minutes (it is not the low battery signal). I went back to Costco, and Phonak replaced them with new ones. Alas, I have the same issue. I speculate the HAs are affected by some electromagnetic signal, kind of randomly. I did not have this problem with my previous HAs (also Phonak Smart IV).

What do you think it may be and what can I do to avoid it? It can get sometimes disrupting.

Are you around any type of device that emits ultrasonic signals? Such as motion detectors, smoke alarms, medical diagnostic equipment, pest control. Some hearing aids can pick up these signals, but they usually sound like a buzzing noise, not a beep.

No, not really. I work in your typical office environment. There is a fire alarm and I think I pick up that one too (high freq whistle). Could the beeps be just some people’s cells/wifi devices?

Did this happen at random locations or only at work?

— Updated —

Did this happen at random locations or only at work?

Are you married to Charles Boyer?

(Classic movie reference, for those under 60…)

I don’t wear the Phonaks anywhere but at work. It still beeps every now and then. Oh well.

(The Charles Boyer joke is wasted on me - I don’t know the movie)

The reason I asked is because of something that happened recently at one of my job sites. The customer was complaining about a random beep/tone that some were hearing and thought it was coming from our equipment. Without my HA I didn’t hear it, but sure enough I could with them in. It turned out to be a emergency light that had a battery fail, they looked the same as the normal fluorescent lighting and the beep almost phantom like. It was difficult to track down the source of thus.

how about you try wearing them away from work and see if you have the same problem. it would help narrow down if it’s the aid or the environment. Are the same folks always in the meetings when you have this beep? how about at your desk and not around other folks? do the other people claim not to hear the beep? a little trial and error will help narrow down the problem.

— Updated —

how about you try wearing them away from work and see if you have the same problem. it would help narrow down if it’s the aid or the environment. Are the same folks always in the meetings when you have this beep? how about at your desk and not around other folks? do the other people claim not to hear the beep? a little trial and error will help narrow down the problem.