Costco selling returned hearing aids as new?

Glad you had a good outcome. It’s probably our natural tendency to think the worst, but one is much less likely to get a defensive reaction if one just presents what one knows and ask for an explanation.

2 Likes

Chances of your app picking up other aids is slim to none.

4 Likes

Not if you’re in an Audiologists office when you fired up the Bluetooth on your phone or the App.

3 Likes

Not likely but possible, but if your HA are set for someone else’s, this will not go away, it should pop up as a different owner name everytime you connect them to Bluetooth. To me it should be easy to check, just search for BT devices nearby and if your name doesn’t show on the list of HA devices found then there’s something not right.

Thanks. I will check that out.

Dont the aids have to be in pairing mode? The likelihood of someone else putting their aids into pairing mode at the exact same time as you would seem to be slim to none

Yeah, I agree that one would think the likelihood is slim to none, but when I had to re-pair my aids to my Multi-mic, I was given a choice between mine and someone else’s, probably in the apartment next to mine. It also happened at Costco during initial setup - 2 of us were initializing Jabra Pros at the same time.

2 Likes

Go back to Costco… Tell them you want to return your aids when asked why ask for the manager and explain and show them the problem.
Have you compared the serial numbers to your paperwork?
Delete the app from your phone, download fresh app, pair your aids with the fresh app

1 Like