COSTCO ReSound Preza 8 rechargeable

I picked up these hearing aids late this afternoon. The nice audiologist couldn’t get them paired with my Samsung J3 Luna Pro cell phone. After reinstalling the ReSound 3D app and restarting my phone, several times, I magaged to get the hearing aids paired and the application to work. I even updated each hearing aid. My old Sound World Solutions Companion hearing aids work fine but I was hoping for better speech clarity. The Prezas are somewhat better at speech clarity but there are no Bluetooth Call Audio or Media Audio settings like my Companions have. Apparently I cannot use the hearing aids as speakers for my cell phone, computer, or lapel mic. I suspect an Apple smart phone is required to attain some of the features of these devices. I am not sure the ReSound connect clip would solve my problems and I am really not interested in trying it.
Also, there is an odd rumbling noise every ten or twenty seconds in these new aids…really weird. I suspect it is feedback but it doesn’t sound like the high frequency squeal I associate with feedback. The custom ear molds look great and feel fine.
Finally, everything sounded fine in COSTCO but when I got in my quiet electric car in the dark to drive home I realized I needed to turn the volume down. There were lots of odd noises then they would fade out and then return in ten or twenty seconds. I had a hectic drive home in heavy traffic.
I have a follow-up appointment in ten days and will probably return them. I can’t imagine wearing hearing aids that don’t have volume buttons.

Morning after update:
The noise problem is feedback in the left ear. If I keep finger pressure on that hearing aid they sound fine. Voice clarity is very good.

I returned the ReSound Preza 861 hearing aids to COSTCO this morning. COSTCO returns are certainly easy. Part of the problem was my thinking they would connect directly with Bluetooth media audio and phone audio. They connect to my Samsung phone to access the ReSound 3D application but that is all. The real problem was feedback. I looked at the custom molds and the vents were plugged. The nice audiologist said it could be corrected with software but there must be some trade-off. Speech clarity was good but, overall, they were not a significant improvement over my Companion hearing aids which cost $2000 less.

I suspect they would stream direct to an iPhone.