Costco ReSound Forte (Product Information)

Hey ww-mjw-

Is your Resound remote mic the older one with the older mini usb connector and not the micro usb connector?

I ask this because I also moved from KS-5 to Forte’s, and the Costco fitter was unable to pair my older Resound Remote Mic (mini-usb) to the Forte’s.

Mine is the older mic w/ mini USB connector. Fitter had to call Resound support to find out how to pair it. They guided him through the process. Works fine.

The ReSound Unite Mini Microphone may require a firmware update before it will pair with newer hearing aids such as the Forte.

I bought the 13 Ric’s w/ Phone Clip+. The audi set me at 100% and sound is very natural. The HA is comfortable on and in my ear. The app is incredible; I love the ability to fine tune a setting for my work environment, which is extremely challenging. I work in an IT datacenter type hub. The sound of 1000 tiny fans are constantly whirring in 7 foot racks. The noise floor has been measured between 96dB-106dB. I’ve been able to fiddle with the app and set up noise cancellation and speech focus along with bass/mids/treb to create a terrific program which is saved as a favorite.

The Phone Clip+ works great in both ears. The app gives me the ability to adjust the phone call sound character, volume, and outside noise interference, so that I can work hands free on an install. I’m thrilled with just that feature alone, because I usually have to work and test services while on the phone bridge/conference call with Network Ops Center.

I can use my headphones!! I record music, so I have to wear closed back phones when tracking vocals and guitar. I can practice at night with headphone on from my guitar amp! I’m thrilled! NO FEEDBACK!

The outdoor program is wonderful. Birds, squirrels, lawnmowers far away. Outside is very natural sounding. almost ZERO wind noise in a breeze. I occasionally hear a scratchy low rumble (like when touching the HA with a finger) if I point my ear directly at the wind. But it’s a fast, light, and low sound that quickly disappears. I walked around outside during a pretty constant breeze yesterday, and while turning in all directions trying to get wind noise, I only heard the ruble once or twice very quickly, then it went away.

TV sounds great. I can hear conversation behind me or when speaker is facing away. These HA’s don’t sound thin, tinny, and harsh like the Phonak’s did. They sound full, natural, rich; music sounds really good.

So far, so good.

2 Likes

I also felt that the Forte’s streaming music audio quality was poor, but as an experiment I pushed my Power Domes all the way into my ear – and suddenly, the quality was outstanding: great bass, no distortion.

thanks ramos, the information you made is very good :+1: , I also did a number of similar experiments

I am trialing the resound forte 8 888 bte. From Costco
I have to go beck in three weeks to get an new ear mold made, as the first ear mold is not working. Too small and not getting a good seal this does not allow me to turn up the volume at all. The fitting person did run the rem test, it should I was not getting what I needed from the bte , she said this was due to the ear mold not sealing right. So I have not worn the new aid much do to feed back issues. I do have another ear mold , nevertheless, it has issues with feed back, as It is old and although seals better ,then the new mold it too has issues with sealing and is prone to feedback.

Update - Saturday 8/18/18
Using my old ear mold, with the new bte. My wife and I went to a local restaurant for breakfast. Baha cafe. This is one of my favorite breakfast spots and we frequently go there on the weekend. This typically is a noisy place where I am normality unable to understand what anyone is saying. This morning , I was able to hear the waitress tell us what the specials of the day were. Easy peasy pancake desert and Pete’s duck was the entree. She of course discribed each item. I also could pick out my wife’s conversation and other folks near by. I heard the special of the day numerous times as each new customer came in. I even heard the server ask if we wanted syrup with the pancake. Wife did not hear what the server said and ask her to repeat (what?).
I had the speech focus set to narrow.
wind reduction and noise reduction set to full
Saved the the settings to baha cafe.
Bass , mid, treble are set to a downward ski slope with bass set at 3/4 and treble below half.

I was and am getting some potential feed back , nevertheless the bte was correcting and stopping the feed back automatically.

1 Like

Update
Went back and had impressions made for a new custom ear mold. 8/31/18

Switched back to my old bte for now

I’m checking back in after 2 months with the Costco ReSound Forte 8s. I’m still very happy with these. Granted there is feedback at times, mostly due to certain instrumentation of music in TV shows or classical music on my stereo.

I have severe hearing loss for anything above 2k. These are a huge improvement to my life. Not perfect. But wonderful just the same. And the cost is part of that equation.

1 Like