Costco Phonak Brio 3 (Product Information)

I found that to be a little strange myself,I have been trying the Bernafon,but they are giving me a sore ear,can’t seem to find a good fit for me,keep trying I guess.

Take a scissors and make a vertical cut in the side of the mold. If one doesn’t work, do a second on the opposite side. It relieves pressure.

1 Like

These are loaners so I can’t cute,beside it’s pretty small and looks as if the dome is 2 pieces!when I took it out of my ear today the first part almost came loose.

I don’t know if this was answered or not as I might have missed it. The Brio3 is available with a BTE with 675 battery for profound losses. I’ve done a 2 week trial with them and have ordered them. I use them with a ear mold.

1 Like

Huh! Looks like the Brio 3 version of the Phonak Audeo B Direct is available. It’s called the Brio 3-R-C (C is for connectivity and R is for RIC) That means Phonak is selling complete line of current generation through Costco, except for rechargeable. Sorry if somebody else had posted, but it’s news to me. I do see somebody had said Costco had said the direct streaming ones “were coming” but that seemed unconfirmed.

Surprising! This is Phonak’s latest technology.

1 Like

Now all Phonak need to do is come out of the dark ages and offer a MFi version too then bring that to Costco and I would be very happy.

They have it’s called Brio 3-R-C.

It is not made made for iPhone. It will stream calls directly to one ear for most smart phones, but does not stream music.

1 Like

There is a whole world of difference between Phonak’s direct connection and true made for iPhone aids.

Could you expand on the greater frequency range with the size 13 battery. I would have thought the 675 would be better.

It’s always been the case that the more powerful the hearing aids, the less frequency range they have.

A simple google search shows you. Look at the frequency range.

I just updated from my Brio 2’s to the new Brio 3 R-C’s and I am impressed with the performance. I like the size 13 battery, but I find I have to carefully close the battery door or it jams.

The Bluetooth phone streaming works well. I have read reviews that criticize the fact it will only stream to one ear, but that doesn’t bother me. At least with the Phonaks I can connect to my Samsung Android phone.

The TV connector was really easy to install, and the streaming is great. I hooked into the optical connector on my TV, and the volume control on my HA’s is totally independent of the TV speaker volume. Now, I can watch TV after my wife goes to bed without keeping her awake, and when we watch together, the remote balance control allows me to set the volume at a level that works for each of us. The one deficiency is the inability to stop the TV connector from constantly trying to re-pair when I leave the room. There are times when I want to be in a nearby room without watching, but the connector keeps pairing. It is especially maddening when I am in an area where the Bluetooth signal is weak. The HA’s keep beeping as they continuously lose and reestablish connection. I just ordered a Smart plug so I can use Alexa to switch the connector on and off as desired.

1 Like

I’ve had the R-C’s for a few days now. I’m 30 and these are my 3rd pair, but the first after a 10 year hiatus from aided hearing (my first pair were analog ones from the 90s).

I had done a lot of research and my intent was to purchase a pair with a neckloop streamer. I have an Android phone and streaming audio reliably was my top priority. This version had apparently come in a couple days before I came to check out Costco’s offerings. The Costco rep called phonak to clarify a few things and we learned that the RC’s were not compatible with Phonak’s standard streamers. I was about to go for the standard Brio but I got to read the TV link manual and figured it suited my needs more as I did not care for having to wear a streamer. It’s not exactly wireless but it’s been very reliable and the range reaches most of the house with only walls and floors interfering with the signal. It takes any audio input and comes with an auxiliary cable so I’ve taken it in the car and even to the beach with a portable charger (it seems to hardly draw any power either). I’ll be purchasing a Bluetooth receiver to get another level of wireless. I was able watch and comprehend an animated movie without subtitles-unheard of (pun intended) to my friends and family.

In terms of hearing improvement(if you can’t tell, I suspect I have different priorities compared to most hearing aid patients), I needed a few days to adjust. I had asked the Audi to take the power level right up to 100% prescription. Wind and road noise was cute for a little bit but got annoying; fortunately, I had a wind program and the streamer could cut out environmental noise through the app.

The first real test I gave the hearing aids was attending a service at a big echoey Church. I could eavesdrop on small children 20 feet behind me. When the organ came on, it was like an epiphany. I could pick out immediately the tones I knew I could never hear before. If I wasn’t a “men don’t cry” kinda guy I would have just sat and wept until it became awkward for the folks next to me.

The thing I was most interested in was wether I could hear the sermon. And except for when my mind wandered, I heared almost every word.

Other thoughts: My biggest complaint as of yet are the domes. I may just have small curvy ear canals but the domes get so irritating and my outer ears are very sore. I’ve had impressions made for ear molds but I’m still waiting on them.

The app takes some time (5-20 seconds) to connect to the aids and they disconnect whenever you leave the app (to save power). A little annoying, but I’m still glad to have the features.

1 Like

Yes. Give them a try. You are already accustomed to the accessories too.

I was tested at Costco today : the R-R is an option, but not the R-C ( the HA fitter didn’t mention it at all, and the Brio 3 brochure I was given only lists the 3B, 3R, 3R-R, and 3i. (3C is still listed/ featured on Costco site.).

???
Bc there’s so little info about the Costco Phonaks, maybe the R-C isn’t appropriate for me,
And, yes, i will be trrotting right in there to ask about it! I have moderate to severe in R and mild to moderate-severe in L, but it all goes to heck rapidly after 1k dB. If that helps in answering, thanks. I do want the BT/ semi-Android capabilities, Tv & remote mic options are selling it too.

You don’t say where you’re from. It may be an issue of country, as others, (euthyphro for one) have been able to get one. The brochures (nor the website) are not a reliable source of info.

Hey Charvana - Costco in the UK definitely have the RC. I picked up the tiny Phonak Brio 3 R10 version late last week and have been testing it out for the past few days, though in the back of my mind I might yet decide to go with the later technology of the RC after my trial with the R10. I’ll be reviewing my initial R10 experience in the next day or two. Good luck, Bob

Oops. I’m in the San Diego, CA area
costco website shows it*, but maybe that store hasn’t gotten most recent HA’s (? as i mentioned, there is so little actual spec info available for the brio models, so maybe y’all know , is the r-c contemporaneous with, or newer than, the r-r, perhaps?)

thanks so much ; I have learned everything I know about hearing aids’ technology/ etc, in the klast 24 hr