Costco KS8.0 for a few weeks now, impressions

I think it may be bandwidth compression. At least that’s what it’s called on the KS7s. A more general term is frequency lowering. All of Costco’s aids have some sort of frequency lowering, but the Bernafon uses another method that is not called compression. Whether frequency lowering is helpful depends on your audiogram and your own perceptiions. If you don’t have a 70dB loss or higher in the higher frequencies, it’s unlikely to help. Even if you do, some people just don’t like how it sounds.

My hearing loss in the high frequencies is around 80dB, so I think I’ll give it a try.

I’ll almost certainly be buying a set of KS8’s this upcoming week, and I have a question. Does Costco offer any coverage to extended the warranty on the devices for an additional fee? And to they offer any sort of optional insurance on the devices to cover non-warranty losses? I dropped by a location yesterday to ask these questions, but the person at the register didn’t seem to have any answers - she just kept telling me I’d be given that info by the audiologist after my exam.

I’m unaware of anything extra you can buy, but standard is 3 year warranty with a 2 year loss or damage (dog chews it up or you lose it, for example) If you want to extend, the easiest way to do it is to use a Costco Visa credit card, which extends warranty by 2 years. This is assuming you’re in the US.

1 Like

Thanks. I applied for and received instant confirmation of the Costco Visa credit card. Will use it if it increases the warranty period. Appreciate the helpful info.

It adds two year to most warranties. You’ll also get a $32 rebate from it next year.

Included with Your Card (https://www.cardbenefits.citi.com/Products/Costco-Extended-Warranty) There is a PDF there with more info/exclusions.

Warranties run out. Get an extra 24 months added to your warranty when you purchase items at least in part with your Citi card and/or your Costco credit card reward certificate. In the event of a covered failure, the item will be repaired or you will be reimbursed up to the amount charged on your Citi card (including Costco credit card reward certificate) or the cost to replace the item, whichever is less, up to $10,000.

1 Like

Is anyone else aware of this: that the normal 3yr warranty on Costco Hearing Aids is extended by two years if you use the Costco Visa card for payment? If this is really the case I think many of we KS8 users would be very happy!

I think you need to be signed in to view the extended warranty info.

I didn’t but got to it from Concierge Two Plus Two Warranty | Costco

The PDF can be accessed from any + info point.

Yes, I was told that also (24 months extended after original warranty) and it is on the Citi Visa site, for benefits.

After hearing that term here, I asked my Costco fitter about it and yes, she called it by another name but described it exactly as stated here. I just don’t recall what she called it.

Ordered my KS8’s yesterday using my Costco Citi Visa that I obtained this past weekend (thanks to MDB and KenP for alerting us to the extended warranty). I asked about the extended warranty terms and the folks at the store called for clarification.

As I understand it, buying with the Costco Citi Visa does indeed extend the 3-year warranty by 2 additional years. The only difference is that under the extended 2-year warranty, you must pay up front for the warranty-related repair/replacement and then apply to Citi for reimbursement. That’s fair and well worth it since the additional warranty costs nothing (aside from the 1,600 extra airline miles I would have obtained using the card I usually employ).

1 Like

In lieu of the airline miles, you’ll get $32 (2% of $1600) or $64 if you’re an executive member (more expensive Costco membership)

I considered the executive membership, but decided against it because I routinely shop at a Sam’s Club about 1 mile from my home (Costco is a 20-minute drive). Plus, Sam’s has this fantastic app called Scan & Go which enables you to check out using your cell phone as you shop, completely bypassing the registers. One of the handiest apps on my phone. I value the miles at 1.5 cents per mile, so figure I forfeited $24 for the extra 2 years warranty with the $32 offsetting against that. But all that is a drop in the bucket considering the $4K-5K I saved on the HA’s. :money_mouth_face:

The executive is $60 and you get a 2% rebate on all purchases. Your $1600 aids would net you $32. Half way there.

I have the executive and it pays for itself and has for the 3 years I’ve had it.

Coming to a Sam’s near you…stock the shelves yourself and talk to the Manager of the Month picture, if you have a complaint.

I think this type of app is the wave of the future with retailers who want to keep up with technology. When I go shopping, I hate standing in checkout lines. This app enables me to do what I went there to do - select, pay, and leave. I can pop in and out in a few minutes, even on a Saturday. At the same time, if a retailer stretches technological innovation to the point that it becomes inconvenient to me to obtain good customer service when needed, then I would vote with my feet. Capitalism works.

1 Like

I think the MFi feature alone is worth the difference. I previously had the KS4s.

1 Like

I was told by Costco Visa when I inquired about the two year extension that it applies to any appliance warranty (think Refrigerator, TV, washer dryer) when the Costco Visa is used for purchase.