Costco Kirkland Signature 5.0s

Thanks. Without two aids, I don’t have any control. It takes two aids or a remote to change the volume or change programs. My one aid doesn’t have any features I can use. Everything I read says you should have 2 HAs as it is easier for your brain to adapt. Is that not a concern? Also, the HA from Costco has bluetooth and the Opticon doesn’t. Isn’t that something I should want?

Exactly which Oticon (not Opticon) did you get? What does it say on the battery door? You can get a different model with buttons which can be used to adjust volume or change programs. You don’t need a remote control or pair to do that. Maybe the Oticon you have has wireless, depends on the model.

Oticon Nera Pro. I was told this unit has an up and down volume, but the right unit (which I don’t have) would give me an increase in volume and the left would give me the decrease. Without the second unit, I don’t have control.

The miniRITE only has one button, but you can get the RITE which has a rocker-type switch that can adjust volume. And you might as well downgrade to the cheaper non-Pro version of the Nera and see if your audi will give you a discount. The additional features in the Pro are only useful if you have a pair. The miniRITE and RITE both have Bluetooth support via the Streamer.

Thank you for the advice. I will take this into account. I just tried the Costco Kirkland 5.0 models and I like them. I can get a pair for the price I am paying for the Oticon Pro. I think this is a much better investment and it gets good reviews.

Am not sure if I am posting this in the right spot, but…
As a first-time HA shopper I recently wore KS5s for a half hour at Costco. The first adjustment the HIS made was to make my voice sound closer to what I’m used to hearing. We did not quite get to equivalency before I went into the store to try them out. My question is, should the adjustment reach a point where my voice sounds the same to me with the HAs in and out? It is hard to know when to accept something as part of the new world of wearing HAs and something you will get used to versus persisting in trying to get another adjustment. I supposed it boils down to how much it bothers a person. BTW, this HIS is very high on the KS5s and did not really discuss options among the other available brands. Based on feedback I read on this forum and the generally positive experience I had, I will probably buy KS5s on my return trip this week.

thank you for information :slight_smile:

I have a question ( I am going to make an app in Costco this months) I am interested in K5

The question is about programs, I am reading through the posts… In my verite I have 4 programs ; adaptive, phone, restaurant and tv or music… Does K5 have adaptive program? and what is the proper name of the programs?

I have the previous model of the Resound and I tried the Kirkland 4. I chose the Resound but, you would have to look at current models. The Kirkland 5 is a clone of the Resound Verso, so you can look up information about it. It appears to be a step up from previous models. Some pros just like a certain thing and get used to it and never get too familiar with anything else. The Resound software is very robust, even complicated, so if they have never used it, of course, they will not like it as well as what they are familiar with.

If I had to get new ones right now I would get the Kirkland 5. I would not make a decision about hearing aids based on rechargeable batteries, or battery life, or anything of the sort. The Kirkland 4 was a Rexton Cobalt 16 and the recharge contacts were built into the cover, and the hearing aid fit down into the dryer/charger, touching the charging contacts. No other brand does that (Just the Siemens family of brands). I liked using the charger when I tried the Kirkland 4 and they never ran down during the day, but I didn’t have a phone device or streaming device and that would probably affect battery life. The rechargeable batteries last about a year and must be replaced so you don’t really save any money.

Mostly, if you have an open fit. If you must have an occluded fit it will not sound the same, but you will get used to it somewhat. I had that on one set and hated it because I could not hear anything else if I was talking. It was almost like using a radio where only one person talks at a time (“over”).

Thanks, Don. They are open fit. So now I know to pursue getting my voice to sound about the same with and without the HAs.

I just paid $2450 for ks5 HAs that included blue tooth remote, blue tooth TV streamer, and the $80 for the ear molds for both ears which was recommended for a better fit. I pick them up next week. I don’t have a copy of my test yet but saw it drops off at about 4000 so I miss quite a few words in the spoken range. I have been reading a lot on this forum and thanks to all for the info I have read. I think it has helped me to make a fairly good choice on HAs. Although I had a HA previously it was 20 years ago.

Just picked up my KS5 HAs Wed and very happy so far. Like the blue tooth and streaming TV audio.

Question: do the KS5s have frequency transfer/transposition? I noticed that latest GNResound Linx have that feature. Didn’t see it in the Costco feature list.

I did not see that either. I have only worn them two days. They seem to boost what I was losing. They do mask much of the tininitus which really bothered me. I have 3 months so will see how it goes.

The KS5 does not have frequency lowering technology. The LiNX is ReSound’s first product with that feature.

The big problem is how much do I need. A good KS5 and all the bells and whistles for $2500 or a whoopdeedoo with a little extra for $6000, or maybe slightly more. If I had unlimited funds I probably would purchase the whoopdeedoo. However being practical and retired I have limited funds so the Costco KS5 will work out for me. JMHO