Costco Kirkland Signature 10.0 (Product Information)

Thanks. I will try turning th bluetooth off on the laptop. I use a BT mouse, but it has a USB connection also, so I will use that. Lew

I don’t want to have to reinstall the HA whenever I do want to use them with the laptop. I like DaaBoss’s solution, but thanks for replying.

I was in the bathroom one day and ad started playing on an open window on my laptop and it started playing through the KS10’s. I hadn’t connected them, so I was surprised. :wink:

I think his point was that the KS manual says USB-C while the KS charger uses a mini - probably too much cut and paste from the Phonak Paradise manual.

I recently bought a Phonak mini charger and it uses USB-C.

The KS charger typically draws around 25 mA while actively charging.

I was recently in a Costco hearing center recently and only saw the K10s advertised with rechargeable batteries. Are the K10s still available with size 13 batteries?

As far as I know the KS10 was never available with disposable batteries of any size. The KS9 came with 312 batteries. I think there is a Brio 4 available with a 13 battery, but not positive.

2 Likes

Have you heard how long the rechargeables last between charges. Also: when the rechargeables need to be replaced, how expensive. I know some of the the earlier ones were VERY expensive.

I believe the KS10 batteries are supposed to last 16 hrs or more between charges. If you take the aids back to Costco near the end of the 3 year warranty, they will replace the batteries for free (they will likely replace the entire hearing aid. The batteries are supposed to last 5 years. I personally wouldn’t worry about the cost of replacement unless one is plannning on keeping the hearing aids more than 7 years. If one does need to replace the batteries on one’s own dime, I think they are over $100 per aid, but I think it’s highly unlikely to be a need.

1 Like

I got my KS10s last week and have been thoroughly frustrated with the easy line remote app for apple. Every time I would type on the keyboard or hit the button to lock the screen, the app would change from my custom program which I created back to the automatic program. In order to fix this I have found that if I go to settings, sounds and haptics, and turn off keyboard clicks and lock sound this solves the problem… It must be interpreting those sounds as some sort of Bluetooth trigger which changes the program back to automatic.

1 Like

It is simpler than that…… each and every sound the phone makes, even keyboard clicks is streamed to the HAs. so the HAs immediately turn on streaming mode. When the stream finishes it reverts to Autosense and not you previous program unfortunately. Most people turn off all but essential sounds that the phone makes…. Clicks, notifications and so on.

This is apparently going to be fixed (we hope) n the next version of the app, which is long overdue.

1 Like

Try to take notes on how you want the aids to sound, good and bad. Use these notes next time you are at Costco to help the audiologist/fitter program the aids.
If these are your first hearing aids it takes time to for you to relearn sounds you have not heard in a while due to your hearing loss. Be patient for this to happen. The aids were set up for your hearing loss, your app changes may be defeating what you really need to hear for best speech understanding.

You guys need to take this to the DIY forum. It all good, just not on this thread.
Thanks

2 Likes

Today I tested Bluetooth streaming with sun roof wide open and all windows rolled down zooming on highway around 70 to 80MPH (moved balance all the way to audio in the app i.e blocking surrounding).I was surprised it blocked wind noise completely and music was very clear and crisp and even google assistant responded well even in highway/wind noise(commands like reduce the volume or skip the song on Pandora). Between the songs even it is 2 to 5 second break it reverts back to automatic program with full wind noise (it’s tolerable) and also same when connections drops

Are you saying that making that adjustment in the app is better than just using the volume up button on the aids when streaming to turn down the mic and focus on the streaming content? That’s what I do when listening to podcasts or music while walking along a noisy street, or even while mowing the lawn. Another advantage might be that when using the volume up button, there’s no problem during breaks in songs.

I decided to try a Smart TV with Bluetooth. I bought an inexpensive Insignia 32" TV at my nearby Best Buy this afternoon and it works great. I get 34 over-the-air channels in the Denver/Boulder, Colorado area with an outdoor antenna mounted on the roof gutter. Anyway, the TV paired with my hearing aids with no problem and the sound is clear…music and voices. The TV also works great as a desktop computer monitor.
Six days later:
The sound was great but the picture kept freezing on all channels even though the signal quality was “good”. I returned the TV this morning. Unfortunately, there are almost no other 32 inch smart tv’s with Bluetooth.

3 Likes

It was back ordered for me and just came in, but they want me to schedule a “brief appointment” to pick it up. That’s a problem for me because my work schedule changes every week and they are so booked up. Are the instructions good enough that I should ask to just pick it up without the appointment or is there something tricky about it?

I’m having trouble with my phone coming through my hearing aids. It works sometimes but not always and I can’t figure out what’s different. I have a Pixel 3a phone, I saw an earlier post with suggestions but that didn’t solve my problem. Any other ideas out there?

If you’re talking the TVConnect, it’s pretty self explanatory. You’d need Costco’s help if you want to switch the operating mode between automatic and manual.

1 Like

See if the first paragraph of my post #654 helps. Phone calls through the HA’s have been rock solid for me ever since.

Thank you - I cleared my bluetooth cache and did a test call that worked well. We’ll see how long I go before having to do it again but at least I have a solution! How often have you had to repeat?

Fortunately (and unexpectedly) for me, I have not yet had to repeat clearing Blueteooth on my phone. Knock on wood…

1 Like