Costco Kirkland Signature 10.0 (Product Information)

To best of my understanding that’s how they work. Do make sure you actually prefer the newer model.

I dislike the rechargeable feature too. I get so angry when I carefully place the HA in the charger at night, See the Yellow Lights come on both and close the lid Only to open in the morning and one or both have not charged! I see RED! This happens probably only 2-5% of the time but it is aggravating. I would much rather just put a new battery in, ALSO it is a struggle because when my grandchildren stay the night I need to be able to hear them if they wake, but I have to recharge my HA. I end up using the single battery one I have (lost the other during Covid due to mask) for night time. I really don’t understand everyone’s preference for rechargeable?

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

That has happened to me twice. I have Phonak Paradise P90R’s

In both cases I had to reboot my hearing aids and needed the charger, which was at home.

Next time I will get replaceable batteries.

1 Like

I have the new KS10 and LOVE them. Especially the rechargeable feature. I put them in the charger as I am going to sleep and back in the morning. I have used mine 16 hours a day with no discharge failures.

NO NEED TO REPLACE BATTERIES! I used to hate the ding-dong sound that the batteries were dying. NO MORE!

The sound is better than KS9. Also, tap my ear when the iPhone rings and I am online.

If any con is that the tiny openings where you replace the wax screens are very small. I have had several clogs. But it is really easy to replace them. Get a nice pack and super easy to replace the screens.

I have a three-year warranty.

I have a few cards on “brown batteries” and am giving them to my friends who are still with KS9

1 Like

I have the KS-10 too. Only my 2nd pair of HA. My first were the Starkey Halo and they were mote than twice the cost of Costco’s! I lost one during Covid- mask mishap. I’ve had glitches several times with recharging. My biggest dilemma is when my grandchildren stay the night. One is 3 months and I need to hear her cries. What do do while HA are recharging? I’m considering a 2nd pair for those nights. Does anyone else have this issue? Currently I’m using my surviving battery Halo HA but I’d feel better with a pair.

1 Like

There are devices that are sound activated, but I am pretty ignorant of what might help you here in being awakened at night. Maybe @kevels55 would have an idea? I think of him as a wizard with this kind of stuff.

WH

1 Like

Don’t know about a wizard @WhiteHat :upside_down_face: apart from a 2nd set of aids…… There is an alternative, you get, Baby Alert/Monitors, for hard of hearing, or profoundly Deaf, they are radio controlled, and work via an alarm clock system, with a vibrating pad that goes under your pillow, if the baby/child shouts, screams, cry’s, the alarm clock goes off, with 3 alternative alarms, flashing lights, sound, and vibration pad or all 3 simultaneously (BTW, these things would waken the dead) I will have a look tomorrow, and see if I can find a link for one of these monitors, but I am in the UK…… Good luck in finding a solution @georgiasunflower. Cheers Kev :wink:

2 Likes

Maybe something like this would help your @georgiasunflower, a little expensive but you might find cheaper stateside? Cheers Kev :wink:

Obviously things have advanced, since I installed this type of equipment 15 years ago :upside_down_face:

https://www.connevans.co.uk/product/26626226/44BEK05/Bellman-Visit-Baby-Crying-Wireless-Alerting-Bundle

1 Like

Like I said. You did not disappoint. I don’t know if this will work for OP (@georgiasunflower) but it is an option to consider.

Thanks, @kevels55 !

WH

1 Like

Thank you @WhiteHat …. Always here to help, If I can? Cheers Kev :wink:

thanks everyone! Probably the 2nd pair of HA will be my fix. Then heaven forbid the Covid Mask kicks one out of my ears again, I’ll have a spare pair :slight_smile: Luckily the only place I have to wear it anymore is the Drs office

1 Like

If your aids are not charging properly, the possibilities are:

1. the aids are not pressed in all the way;

2. the aids are faulty (one of mine had to be sent back because it was not charging properly);

or

1. the charger is faulty.

I like my rechargeable aids because I do not have to fiddle with replacing batteries while I am with other people. They don’t run out until I’m at home with my wife in the evening )and that’s only because of the current Android 12 rapid-discharging problem, which is fixed in Android 13), and 15min. in the charger gets them all set until bedtime.

Do you guys know if these have a 2-year or 3-year warranty and does that cover both damage AND loss?

Also, am I correct in assuming that if I purchased them with the Costco Citi Visa, I get 2 extra years of warranty tacked on?

@BJung248

KS10 have been discontinued.

We can’t say definitively if they’ve been discontinued permanently. They no longer appear on the Costco website, and are currently not being sold. This is reportedly due to reliability issues related to the charger.

Whether they return or Costco at some point offers a KS11 successor remains to be seen.

1 Like

Right. I already purchased them for my dad a year ago.

Just wanted to confirm what the warranty is for them.

I’m pretty sure it’s the standard 3 year, and yes I’ve seen talk about the credit card adding extra warranty at Costco.

Use the search button from right here on hearingtracker to find more information on this.

How are the KS10s when paired with an iPhone compared to Android?

My dad is currently using them with his Samsung Galaxy S10e but I was thinking about getting him a new iPhone for Christmas. Any limitations or advantages?

I have no problem pairing my KS10’s with my Mini13 iPhone.

Well, I just returned my KS10s yesterday. I liked them well enough, and even was surprised to find I liked having the rechargeables instead of battery. And I didn’t have any problems to speak of with the recharging. Once or twice one of them would have a red light in the morning, but since I still had the KS9s, it wasn’t a big deal for me.

However, in the end I couldn’t get over the fact that I didn’t hear any better with them than with the KS9s, and while I never could be sure, I kind of thought I heard better with the KS9s. So anything new and improved will have to wait for something else that’s clearly better for actual hearing.

2 Likes