Costco Kirkland Signature 10.0 (Product Information)

I’ve just ordered the last pair of KS9s that Costco is likely to sell! Tough decision as I would love the extra Bluetooth capabilities, but I just can’t get my head around rechargeables. Each to their own!

5 Likes

I bought a Phonak mini charger to have as a spare and to use for travel. I’m pleased that it is so small. Note - this has a USB “C” connector, different from the micro connector on the KS charger, so be sure to pack the right cord.

3 Likes

How much and where did you buy it?

Why can’t everyone just settle on USB C already. It’s the standard going forward (has been for a few years) so why make people have to carry extra cables with them for all their devices? For travel I’ll have at least my phone, laptop, kindle, and one or two other things I can’t remember that will need charging, and I feel like I’m a traveling Best Buy cable aisle.

That is a nice small charger to carry around. If I had rechargeable HAs I’d definitely get something like that and just keep it in the bottom of my backpack. Then I’d never forget or get caught short if the charge runs down faster than expected if I were using it for a long day.

1 Like

How much charge does this give you? Do you pre charge it and then put the aids in ? Or do you charge by using the usb-c cable connected to electricity supply wherever you go?

Because Microusb is cheap compared to Type-C. And the manufacturer aims to consume the old stock of parts. Maybe Costco agreed to some compromises to save more money.
There are probably other details where they saved in relation to the brand name (Phonak) HA.

1 Like

Ebay, $55 delivered (U.S.) link

I always chuckle over “what does the U stand for in USB?” If it’s so universal why do I have so many different cords and connectors? Maybe things will settle down with the “C”. Finally, a plug that goes in either way.

Charge with the supplied USB-C cord and power supply. It charges at the same rate as the KS charger.

The U.S. F.C.C. id for the KS-10 (KWC-MRP) is identical to the Phonak rechargeable, so the hardware would be the same.

2 Likes

Phonak products are a hodge podge of micro usb and usb-C. I don’t think to make the switch until they come out with a new product.

1 Like

Ok. Thanks.

I was under the impression that one could charge a travel charger and then have use of say, 3 or 4 days charging.

I would want this if I was bike touring or going someplace without electricity supply.

For that kind of usage there’s a Power Pack that plugs into the regular charger.

1 Like

Ahhh. The plot thickens.

Edit: Have just googled it - the Phonak Power Pack will offer 7 charges of a pair of hearing aids. Approx cost £100/$120.

Thanks MDB. This may sway me getting a KS10.

@glucas

Looks like the same seller that @oetbyg linked above is selling the Power Parck for $59.

I’m assuming this fits on the KS10 case?

Bargain then! Thanks for the link.

I don’t know. You’d think so, but it’s always safest to check. Costco does sell one that is for sure compatible with KS10. I thought I read somewhere where there were some differences between Phonak Charger and KS10 charger, but do not know.

Ahh.ok. Maybe someone will confirm or otherwise.

I have a pair of Signature 6.0 and am looking to upgrade. I like that with them I can answer the phone, I use the phone mic, listen to music. To connect to my iPad I use a plug in I purchased from Costco since it was such a hassle to unpair the phone and pair the iPad. Like to listen to music. What is the general opinion of the 6s compared to the 10s. A good upgrade?

I think a lot depends on your individual feelings. For me just getting rid of the need for an intermediary device to have phone calls or tv sound come to my aids was worth upgrading to KS9s from the Rexton Trax 42s, which I think were of the same generation as the KS 6.

1 Like

Does anyone know if Costco plans to sell the Naida version of the KS 10?
But I mean the Paradise version, not the older one.

Might be ignorance here on my part about charging the KS10’s with a Kirkland charger but if the charger itself accepts USB input, I would think any Li-ion battery power pack with USB output/input would do. Especially if the Kirkland charger is micro-USB input - that’s not a rapid charger (USB PD) which unless I’m mistaken requires a USB-C port. So when you hook up a battery pack with a 5V output to the Kirkland charger, it should negotiate the correct output (or at least an acceptable output) for the Kirkland device. Even a battery pack with a 5V, 2A output capability should recognize if the Kirkland charger were only 5A and < 1A input and delivery the lower amount of current. And the battery pack and the Kirkland charger can’t arrive at a mutual acceptable “contract,” no power should flow. And you can satisfy yourself as to what’s happening by getting an inexpensive USB digital multimeter on Amazon.

The reason that I mention “any” USB battery pack should do (I would hope) for the Kirkland charger, is that you can buy battery packs on Amazon a LOT cheaper than $120 cited for the Phonak Power Pack (perhaps the same is true for eBay). I bought a 25000 mAh battery pack with a solar panel to boot for $40 on Amazon back in February and it has 3 USB output ports so that one can charge several devices at once from the battery pack. The battery pack claims to be able to charge an iPhone Pro 12 or a Galaxy S9 8 times (probably many more times for rechargeable HA’s). You can get a 2-pack of 10,000 mAh battery packs on Amazon for $20 (a lot less bulky than my 25000 mAh pack).

My ReSound charging case has a 2,200 mAh capacity, said to fully charge both my Quattro’s 3x. So a $10 10,000 mAh battery pack can charge my Quattro’s 10,000/2,200 = 4.55 case charges x 3 HA pair charges/case charge = 13.6 HA pair charges in a $10 battery pack from Amazon.

Just to document the inexpensiveness and the performance of the 10,000 mAh device that I’m referring to on Amazon, I’m providing a link. I haven’t bought it myself. It’s popular and highly rated on Amazon and if it works with your HA charger, you could save yourself a bunch of bucks - that’s my main point. https://www.amazon.com/Miady-10000mAh-Portable-Charger-Charging/dp/B07XFBN7HX/

1 Like

That’s great Jim - thanks. I already have a 20000 mah battery pack that I use when bike touring.

2 Likes